From the Commissioner - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

From the Commissioner

Moderator: Football Moderators

From the Commissioner

Postby dream_017 » Fri May 20, 2011 8:04 am

Yesterday the Lions held a conference call with season ticket holders and the Commissioner. I was only able to stay on the line for half of the call as I had somewhere I needed to be. There is a link to the transcript and the actual conference call on the Lions website. From the portion I was on teh line for I was not impressed at all with the manner or way that Goodell answered the questions. He was not very candid and inviting - he was a bit stand-offish and defient in his answers, not that I actually thought he would be any good. The transcript portion does not do the call much justice as you don't get a feel for the actual questions that were asked (they were all asked by the fans on the line). If you get a chance I would encourage you to listen - although you may become upset a couple questions in as I did with the way they were answered.

Mooch - I bet you will have a field day with this one ;-)

Transcript

Audio
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: From the Commissioner

Postby moochman » Sat May 21, 2011 9:15 pm

My Gosh, I had no idea what a boob Goodell is. He seldom understood questions, nor did he give answers. Love the transparency answer. "We told the union and the public what we wanted, we are going to give a slight increase this year and 14% over the next whatever years, and have increased retirement bennys 63%". Yeah, Rodger dodger, problem isn't that players will make more than they are, but that they will make less of the overall cut. And the retirement issues you should, out of deep shame, never mention. 63%....from 1993 benefits!!!!!!!!!!! Heck, I dont even know if any of the franchises were worth over $100 mil then. Shame on you, you bleeping rat. ex-players live in poverty and you use that to show how much you care, 63% more than crap.
Very, very disappointing Q & A Rodger. Loved the implied "we want to get back to the bargaining table"-implication that the union is holding things up, then when pressed on why the three week delay in barainging you say that the meetings are scheduled by the courts. Sorry, I am more disappointed in the inability of Goodell to understand questions than I am his elusive answers. Hey Rog, when they asked why you didn't have Ford Jr involved they meant that your disrespected his history of collective bargaining. You made the disrespect more evident when you said that there are members from several teams doing what Ford Jr, apparently, was unqualified to do.
Sir, you are purposely vague or ignorantly clueless. Even the simplest of answers, like "I have no ruling in individual plays" regarding the Suh fine and blown Megatron catch led to you meandering down a path of vague defensiveness. The only thing you made me believe was that somehow think more obscure rules add clarity. That somehow adding enough legalese to a rule will somehow make fans stop believing their own eyes.
Well, must be working because your Q&A already has me not believing my ears.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby dream_017 » Tue May 24, 2011 9:21 am

I take it you listened to the audio. He did have trouble understanding the questions
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Tue May 24, 2011 9:22 am

sorry double post - posting from my phone :-/
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Postby dream_017 » Tue May 24, 2011 2:25 pm

testing
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Postby moochman » Tue May 24, 2011 10:16 pm

dream_017 wrote:testing

Unlike Goodell, you passed. :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby dream_017 » Wed May 25, 2011 7:50 am

moochman wrote:
dream_017 wrote:testing

Unlike Goodell, you passed. :-b

:-b

Just trying to set up a rss feed - didn't work, so, I'm back to the drawing board
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Postby dream_017 » Thu May 26, 2011 9:31 am

more testing O:-)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Return to Detroit Lions