Who is the #1 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #1 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Poll ended at Mon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm

RB Mark Ingram, New Orleans Saints
53%
WR A.J. Green, Cincinnati Bengals
29%
WR Julio Jones, Atlanta Falcons
12%
RB Ryan Williams, Arizona Cardinals
No votes
RB Daniel Thomas, Miami Dolphins
No votes
Other (please explain)
6%

Total votes : 17

Postby The Lung » Wed May 25, 2011 8:52 pm

Who is the #1 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts? You are voting on who will have the best fantasy football production in the NFL over the next 4 or 5 years with the team on which the player was just drafted, NOT who will have the best year in 2011. Assume standard scoring (1 pt. per 10 yards rushing / receiving, and no PPR) Also please assume that you have a balanced roster and don't have a great specific need for a QB, WR, etc.

Feel free to discuss the pros and cons of these players - this could be helpful for some and generate some good discussion. If you'd like to vote for a player NOT on this list, then please vote "other" and make a post to discuss the player. This will serve as a write-in vote for that player. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who is the #1 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Postby Wenchtamer » Wed May 25, 2011 9:52 pm

Voted for AJ Green.

I think it's between Green, Ingram, and Thomas.

Thomas will be the first rookie taken in redrafts based on his situation, but he isn't as talented as the other two and situations change.

Ingram's situation is somewhat of a mess where it may take two years before he is getting a big workload, and he's in a pass-heavy offense. Plus there are minor concerns about his knee.

Green is billed as the next elite receiver and his biggest question mark is his quarterback. Larry Fitzgerald had an okay season considering his quarterback situation last year, and in general the elite receivers tend to "get theirs" even when their QB sucks. I think Green has both the highest floor and the highest ceiling in this draft, as he could be the #1 fantasy WR in a few years time.
Wenchtamer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicCafe Musketeer

Postby stomperrob » Wed May 25, 2011 10:10 pm

Green! ;-D

Why are all the polls so difficult to read now - they are jumbled, can we go back to the old format of every choice in one neat column???
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby The Lung » Wed May 25, 2011 10:19 pm

stomperrob wrote:Why are all the polls so difficult to read now - they are jumbled, can we go back to the old format of every choice in one neat column???

I was perplexed about this as well. This was my first time running into this, is it all polls nowadays that are FUBAR? Fyi, the poll seems to display properly in Internet Explorer, but was screwed up in Firefox and Opera. :~(
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby stomperrob » Wed May 25, 2011 10:48 pm

The Lung wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Why are all the polls so difficult to read now - they are jumbled, can we go back to the old format of every choice in one neat column???

I was perplexed about this as well. This was my first time running into this, is it all polls nowadays that are FUBAR? Fyi, the poll seems to display properly in Internet Explorer, but was screwed up in Firefox and Opera. :~(

All polls are like this now and on mine they're messed up on both IE and Firefox
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu May 26, 2011 12:36 am

Non-PPR, I think it's Ingram. He has a chance to be a top 7 or 8 RB pretty quickly. Pierre and Bush are there, but Pierre was resigned for backup money, and Bush will have to do so as well if he wants to stay. If you're picking 1st based on merit, you might go another way due to the risk Ingram will be worn down by the time you are ready to win, but if you're picking 1st and plan on contending, Ingram makes a good team better right away.

PPR, I think it's a coinflip between Green and Julio. Green is safer in a sense because he won't lose value even if he's hit and miss for the first couple years. I think Julio is a beast and his situation is great. Atlanta will be more of a passing team as Turner slows down another step, and that coupled with Gonzalez's retirement after this year will provide plenty of targets for Julio to be a fantasy top 15 WR pretty early.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby glackk » Thu May 26, 2011 1:10 am

stomperrob wrote:
The Lung wrote:

All polls are like this now and on mine they're messed up on both IE and Firefox

The html <dl> tags for the poll look like they're missing a css class. I'd say add

Code: Select all
display: list-item;

to the "fieldset.polls dl" style in style.php, or something similar.
glackk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu May 26, 2011 2:00 am

Voted
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Devil Doc » Thu May 26, 2011 8:32 am

My initial vote would have been Julio Jones, but after I thought about it, I voted other and think that its going to be Jonathon Baldwin, KC WR out of PITT. He's a big WR obviously means big target, and on a team with threats that include Bowe, Moeaki, and Charles out of the back field, I think he's got the surrounding cast that will open him up for years to come.
Thanks to Franchise Fan for this kick ass sig!

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 92)

Postby biju » Thu May 26, 2011 8:54 am

Honestly, I don't know where to go with this one.

Green is obviously a great talent but I have a bit of concern over the state of affairs in CIN. I'm not a Dalton believer at all (and very happy Seattle didn't pick him at 1.25) and I wonder how long it will be before CIN--assuming I'm right--will look for a replacement. That could easily mean 5 years before Green has a suitable QB in place--he might not be able to improve his situation until he signs with a new team.

Jones is not as solid of a talent but has clearly landed himself in a better position. Roddy White will take coverage away from his side and the Falcons have a strong QB and running game.

Ingram finds himself on a great team but in a crowded backfield. If Reggie Bush comes back there's going to be fewer carries for everyone and Ingram doesn't see 3 downs any time soon.

I don't consider Ryan Williams or Daniel Thomas candidates for #1 overall selection personally.

I think ultimately, in a completely neutral setting, I have to go with the talent which is Green. It's hard not to go RB first...
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk