How do you get your FF news? (The fastest!) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How do you get your FF news? (The fastest!)

Moderator: Football Moderators

How do you get your FF news? (The fastest!)

Postby Big A$$ TDs » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:39 pm

I subscribe to a 7 or 8 FF related RSS feeds. Yahoo, SI, Fox, FFTB, just to name a few. But this coming year i would like to join a higher stakes league, and getting the news first is paramount, since at least part of every week will be FCFS waiver wire.

Also i use Google Reader for the RSS feeds, gotta log in to see the newest news though. Anyone get there FF news, or RSS feeds sent real time to there iPhone? What apps if any for this do you like?

~peace~
Big A$$ TDs
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: How do you get your FF news? (The fastest!)

Postby Kareighuis » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:27 am

Sorry, but I don't have an alternative you're looking for. I use Rotoworld (pretty much) and it's been damn fine for me.

As an aside, surprised you're using FCFS leagues- I find them far too stressful. Teams hovering over their laptop, trying to beat out ppl by seconds for the guy who just scored a TD. Takes all the fun outta my Sundays. I thought only rookie leagues were doing FCFS now?
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Big A$$ TDs » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:10 am

Kareighuis wrote:Sorry, but I don't have an alternative you're looking for. I use Rotoworld (pretty much) and it's been damn fine for me.

As an aside, surprised you're using FCFS leagues- I find them far too stressful. Teams hovering over their laptop, trying to beat out ppl by seconds for the guy who just scored a TD. Takes all the fun outta my Sundays. I thought only rookie leagues were doing FCFS now?

I haven't played in a FCFS, yet. I hope to though, and i really hope what you said about them being rookie leagues is true because as i said, id like to step it up this year and drop a few hundred in such a league. Personally i don't find it stressful, maybe i will, but i check out every player who just scored a touchdown seconds after they score it anyway (thank you RedZone channel), only thing left to do is click add if i think he's better then someone currently on my team. I have a problem i admit it, i love ff probably a little more then most games played themselves, so i figured why not use my illness to my advantage in an FCFS league? I would have thought the relative same mindset from someone replying to an ff post Jun 4th, middle of the night, during a lockout, lol
Anyone know where you can get into FCFS leagues online? I've looked like hell but cant seem to fine any that have FCFS wire all week long. They all seem to have a salary wire process, its starting to bug me. :-[

As an aside of my own, i found an app called FeeddlerRSS, it gets my RSS feeds to my iPhone now, but id like if they were sent vis SMS to my phone, because hearing a text is the only way I'm going to know faster then everyone else that Gore just broke his other hip getting out of bed, and Kendall Hunter is now free waiver wire gold. BUT!!..to my surprise there doesn't seem to be a single RSS to SMS service still in operation, a few mentions of such a thing, and for other countries, but not here in the states. How odd! :-C
Big A$$ TDs
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kareighuis » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:08 am

Big A$$ TDs wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:Sorry, but I don't have an alternative you're looking for. I use Rotoworld (pretty much) and it's been damn fine for me.

I haven't played in a FCFS, yet. I hope to though, and i really hope what you said about them being rookie leagues is true because as i said, id like to step it up this year and drop a few hundred in such a league. Personally i don't find it stressful, maybe i will, but i check out every player who just scored a touchdown seconds after they score it anyway (thank you RedZone channel), only thing left to do is click add if i think he's better then someone currently on my team. I have a problem i admit it, i love ff probably a little more then most games played themselves, so i figured why not use my illness to my advantage in an FCFS league? I would have thought the relative same mindset from someone replying to an ff post Jun 4th, middle of the night, during a lockout, lol

Ppl here on FFC are on different schedules- many on the east coast of the US, but I know of at least one in China and another in Britain. I myself am preparing to go to work.
I have a routine on Sundays. The days are mostly about enjoying the games, and the later afternoons and evenings are all about evaluating performances. TD scorers aren't the only way players indicate they're on the the verge of becoming relevant. Sometimes, one play is all that's required.

Higher stakes leagues doesn't necessarily mean more spirited the competition. My cafe leagues are free and each season (and game) is fiercely contested. My money leagues still have teams that toss the season because it didn't start well for them.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Big A$$ TDs » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:30 am

Kareighuis wrote:
Big A$$ TDs wrote:

Ppl here on FFC are on different schedules- many on the east coast of the US, but I know of at least one in China and another in Britain. I myself am preparing to go to work.
I have a routine on Sundays. The days are mostly about enjoying the games, and the later afternoons and evenings are all about evaluating performances. TD scorers aren't the only way players indicate they're on the the verge of becoming relevant. Sometimes, one play is all that's required.

Higher stakes leagues doesn't necessarily mean more spirited the competition. My cafe leagues are free and each season (and game) is fiercely contested. My money leagues still have teams that toss the season because it didn't start well for them.

Who said i cared about competitiveness? I thought i pointed in the other direction from that when i said i hoped it was, as you said, a rookie league thing, FCFS. I'm not going higher stakes for more competition, although i expect it. Like in my regular, fun, competitive local league, where i know most everyone and have walked away with the championship 3 out of 5 years running now, i want there money, just more money!
Big A$$ TDs
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Big A$$ TDs » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:35 am

...and as for analyzing plays on Sunday, it is what it is. If someone can process whats happening faster, and pull the right trigger sooner, they win the prize. Such as is in life. I personally tend to know who's going to be worth grabbing damn quick so,.. don't join my league ill crush you too, lol
Big A$$ TDs
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ShaqAttaq13 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:18 am

My personal league with friends uses FCFS, for 10 years now. I will admit that it can be stressful and a big time commitment on Sundays. With more of us entering the working world (we started this league as like 7th graders) we may have to look to an alternative system. But if you are hardcore like most of us our, it can also be fun.
ShaqAttaq13
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Big A$$ TDs » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:48 am

Not sure how hardcore i am, but I'm starting my own league if anyone is interested! $250 H2H, 12 team, 6 make playoffs, 100% payout, 1st gets $1750, 2nd $750, 3rd & 4th $250 each.

ESPN free custom league, and ALL money handled by fantasysportsvault.com, thus the 100% payout.

Kev5n24@gmail.com if you want in!

~peace~
Big A$$ TDs
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk