Help with Keepers (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Help with Keepers (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help with Keepers (WHIR)

Postby Hogger1 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:55 pm

I have to keep 5 players. Fairly standard H2H 10 team points league except for the fact we start 2 QB's. Despite what I feel was a good team and the fact I had the second highest scoring team, I managed to finish 2nd last and pick second overall, then 19th. So I do lean a little towards keeping my 2 QB's (since I don't know what will come back to me in the 2nd round), though it's not set in stone.

Aaron Rodgers
Ben Roethlisberger
Jones-Drew
Shonn Greene
Deangelo WIlliams
Fred Jackson
Dez Bryant
Colston
Maclin
Stevie Johnson
Kennt Britt

So which 5? My first instinct is the first 4 players plus Bryant.
Hogger1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help with Keepers (WHIR)

Postby Indibuck » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:38 pm

assuming your league isn't PPR, I would keep:
Rodgers
Big Ben
MJD
DWill
Greene

and take best available WR (or even an elite TE) at the 1.2.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby snixx79 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:51 pm

I agree with the above posting. However, Im not as high on DWill. I think he goes to Denver and is reunited with Fox, so he should have a decent few years left....but i wouldnt fault you for keeping Dez over Dwill. Dez is a guy that could be top 5 annually at WR...if u r ok with the risk since he's such an idiot off the field. Im thinking there will be better value at WR at 1.02 in a 5 player keeper tho and u will be able to land a decent #1, so i side slightly with Dwill as ur 5th keeper as well........

Mine?

viewtopic.php?t=490160
snixx79
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 7)

Postby redbeard86 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:03 pm

I agree except I would have to favor Maclin instead of Greene for now. Depends if Burress goes to Philly
redbeard86
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Venom » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:29 pm

I'm going to go the other way and agree with you keeping your first listed 4 plus Dez.

Unless you start 3 RB or 2 and a flex, I see no reason to keep a player you may only use once or twice over a solid WR2.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby Hogger1 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:08 am

I can actually start 3 RB's (we have a flex position) and could consider Dwill, but I guess it would depend on where he plays. Don't love his value if he stays where he is...too much competition for carries.

And Snixx, I really don't know the rookies good enough yet to help in return. I just know I'm staying away from them this year. lol
Hogger1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Venom » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:46 pm

Hogger1 wrote:I can actually start 3 RB's (we have a flex position) and could consider Dwill, but I guess it would depend on where he plays. Don't love his value if he stays where he is...too much competition for carries.

And Snixx, I really don't know the rookies good enough yet to help in return. I just know I'm staying away from them this year. lol

Regardless, I have Bryant ranked MUCH higher than DWill in a keeper...and since you are already keeping 2 RBs it just makes more sense to hold onto at least one WR. Lil tidbit of info...Bryants ADP is roughly 30-35...where as DWill...45-50.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby Hogger1 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:26 pm

Interesting with the ADP info. The ADP that I just looked at has Bryant at 45 and DWill at 48. Of course, that's not taking into account the fact that it's a keeper league which would obviously move Bryant much higher. In fact with the rankings I looked at, you could throw a small blanket over Greene, Dwill, Maclin, Bryant, Johnson and Britt. But I think Greene's ADP will rise quite a bit and Bryant has the most upside of the receivers, so that sounds like the way to go.
Hogger1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions