Nice Rookie Draft Haul? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Nice Rookie Draft Haul?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Nice Rookie Draft Haul?

Postby snixx79 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:05 pm

Im currently undergoing a complete rebuild in a 12 team dynasty. (26 player rosters) standard scoring,PPR

Long story short I traded Brady/Austin/Lee Evans/Collie and piled up a ton of picks as well as getting back Orton, Cassel, Doucet and Tashard Choice.
With the picks, this is what i landed:

1.03: Julio Jones WR Atlanta
1.07: Kendall Hunter RB SFO
1.11: Delone Carter RB Ind
2.01: Jonathan Baldwin WR KC
3.03: Titus Young WR Det
3.04 Colin Kaepernick QB SFO
3.09: Cameron Jordan TE Cle
3.11: Steven Ridley RB NE
4.01: Johnny White RB Buf
4.05: Lance Kendricks TE STL
4.06: Denarious Moore WR Oak

I like the youth and upside i have added in most of these picks, and believe i got a couple steals in there with Baldwin falling to 2.01 and Titus falling to me in the 3rd....(Next DJax or Wallace?? )

My roster now: How did I do? Aim was to put together a team that can compete within 3 years. With only 3 real point scorers on my roster at the end of the season, felt i needed to sell some guys high and start a complete rebuild.

WHIR....leave a link, will always return advice.
snixx79
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Nice Rookie Draft Haul?

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:23 am

snixx79 wrote:Long story short I traded Brady/Austin/Lee Evans/Collie and piled up a ton of picks as well as getting back Orton, Cassel, Doucet and Tashard Choice.

I don't really like selling Brady or Austin in a rebuild. I think your 3 year window is too long. If you kept them you might be able to win in 2012 instead of looking so far out. But you did get a ton of picks.

1.03: Julio Jones WR Atlanta - Love him
1.07: Kendall Hunter RB SFO - seems way too early. upside is there for sure but you had so many picks I wonder if you could have waited and gotten another WR here, or a guy like Leshoure.
1.11: Delone Carter RB Ind - don't have a problem with it. certainly high upside if he even earns a RBBC role.
2.01: Jonathan Baldwin WR KC - great value even though I think he'll bust. don't regret taking DHB in the 2nd a couple years ago; it was worth the risk
3.03: Titus Young WR Det - great value. hype on him died down a lot post-draft, but his landing spot is actually pretty good.
3.04 Colin Kaepernick QB SFO - Like it.
3.09: Cameron Jordan TE Cle - The fact you still got Kendricks a round later makes this excusable, but I can't see taking him over Kendricks.
3.11: Steven Ridley RB NE - Should be a decent depth player at least.
4.01: Johnny White RB Buf - Another good gamble RB.
4.05: Lance Kendricks TE STL - ;-D ;-D ;-D
4.06: Denarious Moore WR Oak - nice sleeper pick. he has potential.

A lot of bodies and a lot of value. Overall I like it. Biggest issue is taking Hunter so high when you had 2 more picks so soon afterwards.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions