All 2010 Threads - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League

All 2010 Threads

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, Football Moderators

Re: Start FA/WW prior to camps poll

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:42 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Hey everyone. There's one thing I forgot about. In the past, we've all had to cut down our rosters to the official roster size before the WW gets opened. We need to do the same thing right now...ASAP. Those owners who have more than 35 players on their rosters will need to cut down to 35 before they can put in a claim. The roster sizes are expanded during the offseason to make room for the drafted rookies/FA's, but they need to be at 35 before a claim can be made. ;-D

Here's the roster size for each team:

bungle: 33
SW: 34

These 2 owners are under the roster size of 35, so they can made 2 & 1 adds before they need to drop anyone when making an add.

FNJ: 35

I'm at 35, so I will need to drop someone with each claim that I make.

mooch: 36
water boy: 36
Crime: 36
Dolfin 36

These 4 will need to drop one player before making a waiver claim.

dream: 37
Kilroy: 37
stomper: 37
Abe: 37

These 4 will need to drop 2 players before making a waiver claim.

Matt: 38

Matt will need to drop 3 players before making a waiver claim.

We have 1 week before the first WW claims will be processed. For those that need to drop players, please do so ASAP so I can change the settings back to 35 for the roster size ASAP. I'm sending this to everyone in a PM right now. Please PM me and/or dream or post here if you have any questions. Thanks! ;-D

FNJ

Paul

Just to update all the roster sizes after the cuts made on flea this week:

bungle: 33
SW: 33
FNJ: 35
Dolfin 36
dream: 34
stomper: 32
Abe: 35

These 6 still need to trim their rosters to 35 before any WW claims can be made by them. I'll send a PM to these 6 owners. ;-D

Dolfin 36

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:50 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
These 6 still need to trim their rosters to 35 before any WW claims can be made by them. I'll send a PM to these 6 owners. ;-D

Dolfin 36

Dolfin's outta town for about 3 weeks so I don't think you'll reach him (I'm drafting for him in another league).
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:00 pm

stomperrob wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Dolfin 36

Dolfin's outta town for about 3 weeks so I don't think you'll reach him (I'm drafting for him in another league).

Thanks stomper. I was aware of that because Dolfin is in the CA league. In the PM I sent to him, I mentioned that if he doesn't get his roster to 35 before the 1st claims are made...he shouldn't worry about it. We'd like to have everyone at 35 before the 1st claims are made (and again...everyone NEEDS to be at 35 or below BEFORE they can put in a claim), but we also understand about Dolfins' situation. I'm sure Dolfin will get down to 35 before the season starts. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:13 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
moochman wrote:Sorry, misunderstood. Thought it just meant that teams over the limit couldn't do waivers. Didn't mean to hold anybody up. I will correct it now.

Hey mooch. No need to apologize. I don't think I made it clear, so I should be apologizing! :-/

In the past, we've always had everyone cut down to the roster limit before the 1st WW claims are made...even if they don't want to make a claim. I'm going to post these PM's in the forum. ;-D

FNJ

Paul

Hey guys. I wanted to post this PM from mooch & my response. Sorry if I made this unclear! In the past, we've always had everyone cut down to the roster limit before the 1st WW claims are made...even if they don't want to make a claim. But in the past, this was done right before the season started, so again I apologize if this wasn't clear. I'll make sure that the rules & settings thread gets updated. :-/ ;-D

Crime, mooch, & Matt have cut down to 35 on fleaflicker, so that leaves water boy, Kilroy, & Dolfin (see above posts) left. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby Kilroy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:44 pm

I'll get my cuts made tonight while I'm watching......FOOTBALL!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:05 pm

Kilroy wrote:I'll get my cuts made tonight while I'm watching......FOOTBALL!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D

One of the worst games I've ever seen...and I'm SO happy watching it. :-) ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:10 pm

Hey everyone. The 1st round of waivers went through and I just noticed 2 problems. bungle & stomper claimed players that put the above the roster limit (35). I reversed the last 3 adds by stomper (S.Nelson, C.Mitchell, & H.Douglas), and the last 2 adds by bungle (E.Coleman & M.Boley) that put them both over 35. :-/ ;-D

water boy still hasn't cut down to 35. I looked at his roster and noticed he has Warner, so I made that obvious cut for him. ;-D

That puts everyone at 35 except for Dolfin. He's at 36 and is still away (see above post). Please keep your rosters at 35! I changed the roster size on flea to 36 (lowest I can do until Dolfin makes his 1 drop). Please PM (or post here) myself or dream if you have any questions. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby bungle613 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:27 pm

Sorry, never counted the amount on my team, just the empty roster spots and filled them. Oops!
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:30 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Hey everyone. The 1st round of waivers went through and I just noticed 2 problems. bungle & stomper claimed players that put the above the roster limit (35). I reversed the last 3 adds by stomper (S.Nelson, C.Mitchell, & H.Douglas), and the last 2 adds by bungle (E.Coleman & M.Boley) that put them both over 35. :-/ ;-D

water boy still hasn't cut down to 35. I looked at his roster and noticed he has Warner, so I made that obvious cut for him. ;-D

That puts everyone at 35 except for Dolfin. He's at 36 and is still away (see above post). Please keep your rosters at 35! I changed the roster size on flea to 36 (lowest I can do until Dolfin makes his 1 drop). Please PM (or post here) myself or dream if you have any questions. ;-D

Sorry, I just assumed it wouldn't let pick up any players over the 35 man limit (don't think it does in my other Flea leagues???). I made a lengthy list knowing I wouldn't get everyone I wanted.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:38 pm

Not a problem guys. The roster limit was still set at 38 on fleaflicker, so it's my fault. It'll be at 36 until Dolfin makes his 1 cut. After that I'll set it to 35. Sorry for the confusion! :-/ ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

PreviousNext

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League