All 2010 Threads - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League

All 2010 Threads

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, Football Moderators

Re: Start FA/WW prior to camps poll

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:43 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Not a problem guys. The roster limit was still set at 38 on fleaflicker, so it's my fault. It'll be at 36 until Dolfin makes his 1 cut. After that I'll set it to 35. Sorry for the confusion! :-/ ;-D

No sweat - I never bothered to count how many guys I had after, but I thought that was quite a few I landed off the WW, lol! :-b
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)
Home Cafe: Football

Poll: Scoring Issue On Fleaflicker

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:58 pm

Hey everyone. I posted about this in the fleaflicker forum, but dream & I have decided to put up a poll on this.

For our IDP's, we get 2 points for every blocked XP, FG, and Punt. We have this entered correctly on fleaflicker, but you'll notice that these points aren't "applied to" any position. This is because for IDP's fleaflicker doesn't differentiate between blocked XP's, FG's, and Punts. For IDP's they are all considered "blocked kicks". I found the answer here:

http://www.fleaflicker.com/topic?forumsTopicId=15983

So I added 2 points for the IDP's for "blocked kicks" going forward, but Peppers didn't get credit for his blocked FG last night. bungle should get an extra 2 points, changing that result vs SW from a tie to a win for bungle in week 3.

Since the rules are clear on the Cafe about blocked kicks for IDP's, and they were inputted correctly on fleaflicker (just not counted because of the way fleaflicker counts their blocked kicks for IDP's), dream & I agree that we should make the scoring change for the week 3 games...and all games retroactive from the beginning of the season.

This also goes for any punt or kickoff return TD's for the IDP's. I don't know if we had any, but our rules don't award points for punt/kickoff return TD's from our IDP's. Fleaflicker had them in our scoring system for the 1st 3 weeks. So I deleted that from the scoring on fleaflicker going forwards, but assuming this poll passes, I will go back and make any changes retroactive from the beginning of the season.

Please post your vote. This vote will need 100% to pass since it falls into the "update" category.

I vote to make the scoring changes retroactive from week 1...and I'll be shocked if anyone disagrees. :-o :-D :-/ ;-D

PS: If for some reason this poll doesn't pass...obviously I'll change the scoring system on fleaflicker back to the wrong scoring system.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Re: Poll: Scoring Issue On Fleaflicker

Postby Crimedogg32 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:16 pm

I really hate to change scoring during the year but reluctantly will since was because of an error
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mattb47 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:20 pm

Crimedogg32 wrote:I really hate to change scoring during the year but reluctantly will since was because of an error

It's not really changing scoring if it was supposed to be one way and just wasn't giving the right points like this...I see no reason why it shouldn't be fixed. We have an agreed upon scoring system so fleaflicker should reflect that...plain and simple.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:29 pm

;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby Crimedogg32 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:31 pm

mattb47 wrote:
Crimedogg32 wrote:I really hate to change scoring during the year but reluctantly will since was because of an error

It's not really changing scoring if it was supposed to be one way and just wasn't giving the right points like this...I see no reason why it shouldn't be fixed. We have an agreed upon scoring system so fleaflicker should reflect that...plain and simple.

Thats why I said I would vote to change because it was from error. However I have been in other leagues where scoring systems have been agreed upon on the cafe and then when it gets implemented wrong on the website it doesn't get fixed. I guess I can see it both ways but would vote to change it in this case.
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:35 pm

One of stomper or Matt didn't vote in the poll (not a biggie since you posted your votes...I just noticed 2-0 after Crime posted...and it's 3-0 now after you guys posted). ;-D

EDIT: Nevermind! It's 4-0 now. :-/ ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:37 pm

I vote to make it retro-active. Don't have real strong feelings either way, but I like saying retro-active. :-b

Seriously, we should go with the intent of the scoring system since it seems an honest Fleaflicker cluster.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:43 pm

Retroactivate it!
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:41 pm

Since I went from a tie to a loss, I voted no. :-b

Logical to go back to week one. Honest mistake.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League