Who is the #5 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #5 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Poll ended at Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:23 pm

RB Mikel LeShoure, Detroit Lions
50%
RB Daniel Thomas, Miami Dolphins
50%
WR Greg Little, Cleveland Browns
No votes
WR Jonathan Baldwin, Kansas City Chiefs
No votes
RB Shane Vareen, New England Patriots
No votes
Other (please explain)
No votes

Total votes : 14

Postby The Lung » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Who is the #5 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts? You are voting on who will have the best fantasy football production in the NFL over the next 4 or 5 years with the team on which the player was just drafted, NOT who will have the best year in 2011. Assume standard scoring (1 pt. per 10 yards rushing / receiving, and no PPR) Also please assume that you have a balanced roster and don't have a great specific need for a QB, WR, etc.

Feel free to discuss the pros and cons of these players - this could be helpful for some and generate some good discussion. If you'd like to vote for a player NOT on this list, then please vote "other" and make a post to discuss the player. This will serve as a write-in vote for that player. ;-D

Previous polls
1.01: RB Mark Ingram, New Orleans Saints
1.02: WR A.J. Green, Cincinnati Bengals
1.03: WR Julio Jones, Atlanta Falcons
1.04: RB Ryan Williams, Arizona Cardinals
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who is the #5 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:55 pm

Went LeShoure last time, doing it again. Reason- read somewhere they intend to use Best as the "get the lead" back and LeShoure as the "keep the lead" back. Add in that I don't believe in Best. If things hit right (Best goes down, Stafford stays upright), LeShoure could be looking at a grand majority of carries on a very strong (explosive?) offense.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby The Lung » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Please remind me of the last time the Lions "kept the lead" in a game? :-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:22 pm

The Lung wrote:Please remind me of the last time the Lions "kept the lead" in a game? :-D

Good point, but a formidable d-line and a potentially explosive offense could make that possible. The team's greatest weakness is the o-line (could be fixed if they acquire Jared Gaither) and the 2nd greatest is the DBs, specifically the corners.
Yes, LeShoure is a gamble. Plus, he still has to beat out Best, a player the coach loves and the team moved up for. No OTAs could severely reduce or even eliminate the chances of that.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:32 am

The Lung wrote:Please remind me of the last time the Lions "kept the lead" in a game? :-D

they won their last four
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:40 am

I think Leshoure is gonna disappoint for some reason. Talent wise, Best is on another planet. He's in the mold of Chris Johnson and Jamaal Charles where another bruiser only helps him, and he doesn't need to dominate touches to explode any given week. He's the play-maker, the team knows it, and they will make sure they get the ball into his hands a ton. It's just that you can't use those guys as your week in and out back to grind out games, CJ in that regards is a special case. I don't even think Charles should be in that role and obviously Haley didn't either.

Then onto Leshoure, he's constantly compared to Mendenhall when there are a ton of differences also. Leshoure is not even close to the athlete or physical specimen that Mendy was/is. Mendy's 40 time was elite where as Leshoure was average, and Mendy was the top performer in the 20 yard shuttle so you knew the explosion was there. Mendy ran alot lower to the ground with lower center gravity while Leshoure is very stiff, he was every bit the punishing runner Leshoure was but his receiving numbers shot up as he improved his last year and he also showed alot more burst getting into the 2nd level of the defense.

I just don't think that's who you should be expecting to get from Leshoure. IMO, this is still Best' backfield. He's gonna make the big plays, score the points, he'll be relied on by his team to make a big play. I expect Leshoure to get the short yardage opportunities and TD's, and otherwise be pretty solid.

I'd easily take Daniel Thomas & Ryan Williams over him. After that I'm fine with the risk/reward, but would probably feel like Hankerson offered me more of a homerun opportunity then Leshoure by then and that's what I'm looking for. Leshoure just screams "average" to me, alot like Moreno did coming out.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby moochman » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:08 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:

they won their last four

A four game win streak in a meaningless season does not erase a decade of historic losing. Lions are going to have to prove it over a whole season or two to remove the stench of Matt Millen-the worse GM in the history of organized sport has left on this once mediocre franchise.

I picked LeShoure just because he steps into a decent situation with a fragile Best, who is a different enough RB that even healthy he won't keep LeShoure from gaining good yardage and most TD opps should he be so talented.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby TexasBornCowboysFan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:57 pm

Bilal Powell
TexasBornCowboysFan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kareighuis » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:44 am

TexasBornCowboysFan wrote:Bilal Powell

Uh, what?
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Venom » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:41 am

Kareighuis wrote:
TexasBornCowboysFan wrote:Bilal Powell

Uh, what?

:-b
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Next