Yahoo Public 11557

Postby Venom » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:58 am

QB- Romo, Stafford
RB- CJ, S Jax, Felix, Fred Jackson, M. Bush, LeShoure
WR- Fitz, Colston, Vincent Jackson, Branch
TE- Daniels
K- Bryant
D/ST- NYG

Had 3rd pick. Stocked up on RB, as usual.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Yahoo Public 11557

Postby m16a » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:47 pm

Solid team you've got there venom. Definitely has some gaps here and there. First thing I see is, you've got a good set of high potential QBs, but neither have shown the ability to stay healthy. You'll definitely have to hope that they don't go down at the same time. If they both stay healthy, that's a strong set of QBs you've got and I'd try to unload one for a better TE, but that's down the road.

The next thing I see that I really like is your RBs. CJ is always a great way to anchor your team at the top (I assume ADP and Foster went in some combo of 1/2?) and you've got a good group of guys who will make good RB2s. SJax looks to have plenty left in the tank, and with Bradford continuing to evolve, he could see even more running lanes. Definitely has the chance to be a strong RB2, with RB1 upside. Felix and Bush offer good depth. I'm not fully sure how either will pan out this year, but if Bush ends up on a team that can use a "flash" RB (NYG maybe?) then he'll be a good value. Leshoure is a guy who may or may not work as a spell to Best, but if Best goes down (a distinct possibility) he could do quite well in that heavy hitting offense.

Of your three major positions, WR is definitely your weakest, but mostly due to the current conditions. I like Fitz, he's got worlds of talent and is a great guy. He'll put up points for ya, but whether he puts up good or great stats will depend whether ARI gets a QB or not. Colston is a solid WR2, but I hesitate to trust him with the way Brees spreads the ball around. It's a good tandem though. He gets the ball enough to fill the WR2 role well. The big question mark/gamble is VJax. His much publicized return was awfully quiet last year. He can be had fairly cheap and can put up some big numbers. I'm not sure how he's gonna play out. If it goes well, you could potentially have 2 WR1's on your squad. Branch is a good extra, but I'm not sure what he'll be worth with the shaky SEA offense and Mike Williams stealing some looks.

Daniels is meh, but you got strong guys in other positions, so I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe try and unload some depth to upgrade a bit.

Overall, I'd give your squad a solid 85%. Good job. ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby Venom » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:52 pm

Thanks m16...

I usually join a few Yahoo leagues for fun and this was my first of the year.

Tried to address talent all around with the big 3...by the time I had thought about TE (5th-6th round) it was pointless to reach so I just kept drafting what-if RBs until I couldn't wait any longer. Daniels isn't the prettiest pick at TE...but has some upside if he can stay healthy.

I will update the W/L record as the season progresses ;-D
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby m16a » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:21 am

Venom wrote:Thanks m16...

I usually join a few Yahoo leagues for fun and this was my first of the year.

Tried to address talent all around with the big 3...by the time I had thought about TE (5th-6th round) it was pointless to reach so I just kept drafting what-if RBs until I couldn't wait any longer. Daniels isn't the prettiest pick at TE...but has some upside if he can stay healthy.

I will update the W/L record as the season progresses ;-D

Yeah, I do a public league, usually on ESPN or such a site, just to remind myself I'm not absolutely terrible when being manhandled by the guys here at the cafe. :-b You should definitely try and swing some of that depth for an upgrade at TE or QB though. If you do that, you could be awfully tough to beat.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby MadDog36 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:50 am

Branch NYG ehhh bleh.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 132)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Roster Ratings