Wallace or Nicks? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Wallace or Nicks? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Wallace or Nicks? WHIR

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:57 am

m16a wrote:Ditto to what wcats said. Wallace relies on the long ball fairly often. Nicks is a guy who will get far more receptions over the course of the season and is a better pick to hold onto in a keeper. Nicks had 79 receptions in 13 games, versus Mike Wallace's 60 receptions in 16 games. I'd keep Nicks most definitely.

Yep. Nicks is gonna be a guy who catches 100 balls numerous times in his career, except he's gonna be able to pull in over 10 TD's along the way. The little nagging injuries worry me, but he's on my "untouchable" list in dynasty/keeper format along with Dez Bryant.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Wallace or Nicks? WHIR

Postby TexasBornCowboysFan » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:16 am

LS2throwed wrote:
m16a wrote:Ditto to what wcats said. Wallace relies on the long ball fairly often. Nicks is a guy who will get far more receptions over the course of the season and is a better pick to hold onto in a keeper. Nicks had 79 receptions in 13 games, versus Mike Wallace's 60 receptions in 16 games. I'd keep Nicks most definitely.

Yep. Nicks is gonna be a guy who catches 100 balls numerous times in his career, except he's gonna be able to pull in over 10 TD's along the way. The little nagging injuries worry me, but he's on my "untouchable" list in dynasty/keeper format along with Dez Bryant.

Smith missed several games helping bump up Nicks' receptions. Eli has no problem spreading the ball around and the Giants are deep on WRs so Nicks' receptions could see a slight downward trend this year.

Sanders is coming out and could help stretch the field in Wallace's favor. Big Ben missed the first 4 games so Wallace could see a bump in receptions.

Big Ben is better able to extend the play than Eli so I give the slight advantage to Wallace.
TexasBornCowboysFan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions