2010 season- consolidated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Horse Traders

2010 season- consolidated

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

Re: 2010 WAIVER WIRE PROCESS

Postby thriftyrocker » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:15 am

Are waiver claims going to be processed tomorrow morning?

If we're going to make this really complicated, maybe we should stick with rolling waivers for another year and hammer out all this stuff in due time. I'd rather just KISS if possible (everyone gets $100, no roll over), but whatever the group decides is fine.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bungle613 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:08 pm

WW opening will be delayed at least a week.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bungle613 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:57 pm

Will do a runoff poll for blind bids vs the WW option that got 2 votes. Again, need 8 to pass the vote. Will have it up shortly.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:35 am

bungle613 wrote:Will do a runoff poll for blind bids vs the WW option that got 2 votes. Again, need 8 to pass the vote. Will have it up shortly.

I'm confused...were having a run-off for two options, neither of which are the original which very well means we could end up selecting an option not even avaible for voting for (that no one voted for here)? Shouldn't the run-off be for the original and the highest vote getter?
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby bungle613 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:20 pm

aaawall91 wrote:
bungle613 wrote:Will do a runoff poll for blind bids vs the WW option that got 2 votes. Again, need 8 to pass the vote. Will have it up shortly.

I'm confused...were having a run-off for two options, neither of which are the original which very well means we could end up selecting an option not even avaible for voting for (that no one voted for here)? Shouldn't the run-off be for the original and the highest vote getter?

I believe that is what I said. Blind bid vs the WW version that received the highest vote.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:29 pm

bungle613 wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:

I believe that is what I said. Blind bid vs the WW version that received the highest vote.

But either option is still a change (at least according to how they are described in the voting) and would need 8 votes to pass...which is very possible neither get....
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bungle613 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:37 pm

aaawall91 wrote:
bungle613 wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:

But either option is still a change (at least according to how they are described in the voting) and would need 8 votes to pass...which is very possible neither get....

If neither get 8 votes then the WW will remain the same.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:56 pm

But were not getting accurate voting I feel like...

For instance 50% of the league could want BB first, the new WW 2nd, and the old way last
and the other half of the league you wants New WW first, BB 2nd, old way last

If we get a 6-6 vote...than we could essentially get a system no one wants...

You get what I'm saying?

If you posed each system indivudually against the old way it would be more accurate. if both get 8+ votes, than we put them head to head, since 8 has no relavance in the vote. If neither get 8 votes against the old system we keep the old. If 1 gets 8 votes and the other doesn't than we have a clear winner.

I'm not sure if putting all 3 in a poll and allowing owners to choose 2 and make 16 the threashold for the new options to pass would speed up the process but its something to consider.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bungle613 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:02 pm

I sort of get what you are saying but it seems excessive. Ther are 2 distinct versions. Blind bidding or waiver wire. Currently 7 owners want blind bidding and 4 want some form of standard WW. I repoll and the 7 who voted for BB will not switch to WW. The option is now for an owner to choose BB over the WW process that go the most votes. If they do not, and it ends 7-5 then nothing passes and it remains the old system.

We are making everything far too complicated with rolling money, revotes etc...
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Instinctive » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:11 pm

I can't vote for Blind bid until I know how we're going to do it. We should hammer out a system first, and then decide whether or not to go to it.

Rolling money. Dynasty. Players roll over. Money is like another player. Period.
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Horse Traders