2010 season- consolidated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Horse Traders

2010 season- consolidated

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

Re: 2010 WAIVER WIRE PROCESS

Postby bungle613 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:45 pm

Instinctive wrote:I can't vote for Blind bid until I know how we're going to do it. We should hammer out a system first, and then decide whether or not to go to it.

Rolling money. Dynasty. Players roll over. Money is like another player. Period.

My vote would be money is all equal, not tradeable and not able to carry over from year to year.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:45 pm

I think If money rolls over, it A) Must be tradable and B) be a scaling system with the worst teams getting more money each year
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:48 pm

bungle613 wrote:I sort of get what you are saying but it seems excessive. Ther are 2 distinct versions. Blind bidding or waiver wire. Currently 7 owners want blind bidding and 4 want some form of standard WW. I repoll and the 7 who voted for BB will not switch to WW. The option is now for an owner to choose BB over the WW process that go the most votes. If they do not, and it ends 7-5 then nothing passes and it remains the old system.

We are making everything far too complicated with rolling money, revotes etc...

My issue is with the last sentence. One or both of these could pass if they were put up against the old system. But because these are both better solutions than the current way it could end up hurting each of there cases...and end up just hurting the league so to speak. At very least if one of these two don't get 8 votes than whichever does get more should be put up against the current system...
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Instinctive » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:58 pm

aaawall91 wrote:I think If money rolls over, it A) Must be tradable and B) be a scaling system with the worst teams getting more money each year

100% agree. Just treat it like a player. The worst teams get better waiver priority, why not give them better money in a BB system?
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby bungle613 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:03 pm

Instinctive wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:I think If money rolls over, it A) Must be tradable and B) be a scaling system with the worst teams getting more money each year

100% agree. Just treat it like a player. The worst teams get better waiver priority, why not give them better money in a BB system?

Guys, I just don't have the time to do this. I spent countless hours tracking trades that were not done properly on Flea and I have zero interest in keeping track of traded money. Just my opinion.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:11 pm

I can understand that. I'm more than okay with a simple BB system, I'm just saying...if we do one of those 3 we have to do all 3.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bungle613 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:45 pm

aaawall91 wrote:I can understand that. I'm more than okay with a simple BB system, I'm just saying...if we do one of those 3 we have to do all 3.

A solution may be at hand. May take some work. C4L...read your pm's!
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:53 am

bungle613 wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:I can understand that. I'm more than okay with a simple BB system, I'm just saying...if we do one of those 3 we have to do all 3.

A solution may be at hand. May take some work. C4L...read your pm's!

I personally don't want to complicate things too much. BB is fine with me. Give everyone a sum of money and don't roll it over.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:55 pm

bungle613 wrote:I sort of get what you are saying but it seems excessive. Ther are 2 distinct versions. Blind bidding or waiver wire. Currently 7 owners want blind bidding and 4 want some form of standard WW. I repoll and the 7 who voted for BB will not switch to WW. The option is now for an owner to choose BB over the WW process that go the most votes. If they do not, and it ends 7-5 then nothing passes and it remains the old system.

We are making everything far too complicated with rolling money, revotes etc...

I agree with this. Only 11 voted so the 12th person could push blind bid over the edge. Don't know who didn't vote except Instinctive said he wasn't going to vote until he knows which type of BB we were doing.

The leagues trades are already hard enough to track. Adding all this stuff just for picking up a player is way over the top. I think the vote should be simple. Keep it the way it is now or blind bid. With 4 options it's going to be tough to hit 8 and it still hit 7. If you make it 2 options then BB wins and we are done with this conversation.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Instinctive » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:08 am

Keeping track of trades is not complicated at all anymore...Fleaflicker tracks that 100%
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Horse Traders