2010 season- consolidated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Horse Traders

2010 season- consolidated

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

Re: 2010 WAIVER WIRE PROCESS

Postby bungle613 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:04 pm

Instinctive wrote:Keeping track of trades is not complicated at all anymore...Fleaflicker tracks that 100%

If it is done correctly. Oddly enough, there were 3 that were only done partially last year. Hopefully going forward, you are correct that now that Flea is the primary record keeper that no issues arise.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kareighuis » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:19 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
bungle613 wrote:I sort of get what you are saying but it seems excessive. Ther are 2 distinct versions. Blind bidding or waiver wire. Currently 7 owners want blind bidding and 4 want some form of standard WW. I repoll and the 7 who voted for BB will not switch to WW. The option is now for an owner to choose BB over the WW process that go the most votes. If they do not, and it ends 7-5 then nothing passes and it remains the old system.

We are making everything far too complicated with rolling money, revotes etc...

I agree with this. Only 11 voted so the 12th person could push blind bid over the edge. Don't know who didn't vote except Instinctive said he wasn't going to vote until he knows which type of BB we were doing.

The leagues trades are already hard enough to track. Adding all this stuff just for picking up a player is way over the top. I think the vote should be simple. Keep it the way it is now or blind bid. With 4 options it's going to be tough to hit 8 and it still hit 7. If you make it 2 options then BB wins and we are done with this conversation.

I hadn't voted yet?! I wanted BB. I remember thinking that when reading this.

Regardless, I voted, 8 votes for BB makes it the winner.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:51 am

I think for this year we set it up as BB then vote on the trading of money/rollover for next year. I'm not that familiar with Flea candidly but it can't be that tough.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:18 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:I think for this year we set it up as BB then vote on the trading of money/rollover for next year. I'm not that familiar with Flea candidly but it can't be that tough.

This sounds awesome. Can you executive decision this and set us up so we can do first Waivers next Wed?

I guess the rules are that you'll then close the league again after this waiver session. Maybe you can also put a vote in on whether we want to continue the 3 starts to waivers (1 waivers after draft, 1 waiver before week 1, then normal waiver/FA during the season) or whether we want to use Flea's "no free agents during the offseason (but weekly waivers)" option.

We are using the Flea option in all my other leagues and it works ok, especially with blind bid where you can bid $0 on players. Although I know some guys here had some initial objections and might prefer the "burden the commish" option.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:37 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:I think for this year we set it up as BB then vote on the trading of money/rollover for next year. I'm not that familiar with Flea candidly but it can't be that tough.

This sounds awesome. Can you executive decision this and set us up so we can do first Waivers next Wed?

I guess the rules are that you'll then close the league again after this waiver session. Maybe you can also put a vote in on whether we want to continue the 3 starts to waivers (1 waivers after draft, 1 waiver before week 1, then normal waiver/FA during the season) or whether we want to use Flea's "no free agents during the offseason (but weekly waivers)" option.

We are using the Flea option in all my other leagues and it works ok, especially with blind bid where you can bid $0 on players. Although I know some guys here had some initial objections and might prefer the "burden the commish" option.

Due to Karieg voting to go BB and it getting 8 votes, I will make the decision to say yes. In fact I just changed it to BB right now. But I'm not sure if it will happen next Wed yet and the answer to most of what you wrote. You can probably answer that question quicker than I can find it.

I like the 3 starts. I was thinking that as the perfect method before reading what you wrote. Another vote will further delay things in my opinion.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:45 pm

No problem, man. Looks like it's ready to roll.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:32 am

thriftyrocker wrote:No problem, man. Looks like it's ready to roll.

Problem is not enough people have seen it.

I think we should push it out 1 week so I can post a thread letting people know of the start and give them more than 3 days.
Cowboys 4 life

Postby bungle613 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:41 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:

I think we should push it out 1 week so I can post a thread letting people know of the start and give them more than 3 days.

You can both PM everyone and send a blast email on Flea.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:35 am

bungle613 wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:

Thats what I will do but do you think 3 days is enough time? I'm thinking we make it Wednesday the 11th.
Cowboys 4 life

Postby bungle613 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:06 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
bungle613 wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:

Thats what I will do but do you think 3 days is enough time? I'm thinking we make it Wednesday the 11th.

agreed, make it over this coming weekend.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Horse Traders