KOTJ 2011 anyone? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

KOTJ 2011 anyone?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: KOTJ 2011 anyone?

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:20 pm

Well, if ya ever need a "closet" Lions fan, I would be interested in joining this august body of extraordinary gentlemen!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Calyxes » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:21 pm

stomperrob wrote:Well, if ya ever need a "closet" Lions fan, I would be interested in joining this august body of extraordinary gentlemen!

With a Barry Sig I don't see how we could keep you out ;-D
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Calyxes » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:35 pm

Just looking back at last years draft and I am thinking we are going to have to have a live draft this year. We started the 1st round on July 8th and the draft took way to long. If we are doing a slow draft we are going to have to get started now.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby moochman » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:21 pm

Problem is there are only nine teams so far. Not sure there is enough interest this year. Maybe the lock out, maybe just the core of fans gettting all complicated with life and stuff, I dunno. Myself, I am willing to spend the time I can on keeping this league alive, but find that family, career, education sapping away time and energy both.
If we can come up with a tenth, we could see if there are times for a live draft of maybe an excellerated slow draft.

Oh, and thanks Stomperrob, you are more than welcome. A Barry sig is card blanche in these parts ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:11 pm

moochman wrote:Problem is there are only nine teams so far. Not sure there is enough interest this year. Maybe the lock out, maybe just the core of fans gettting all complicated with life and stuff, I dunno. Myself, I am willing to spend the time I can on keeping this league alive, but find that family, career, education sapping away time and energy both.
If we can come up with a tenth, we could see if there are times for a live draft of maybe an excellerated slow draft.

Oh, and thanks Stomperrob, you are more than welcome. A Barry sig is card blanche in these parts ;-D

Lol - thanx guys - I promise I'll even wear my Barry jersey while drafting (my souvenir from the Silverdome when I got to see him perform his magic there!).
;-D ;-D
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thebigsmooth » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:15 am

I would like to be in if there is room. Please PM me if it works.

Thanks
thebigsmooth
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby moochman » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:56 pm

thebigsmooth wrote:I would like to be in if there is room. Please PM me if it works.

Thanks

Thinking you make ten. oddly enough, I was going to pm Monday to see if you were interested. If you know anyone else who is interested, have them speak up. Would love to go with a 12 team league. Thanks.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

KOTJ 2011 anyone?

Postby thebigsmooth » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:43 pm

I will see if I can find someone.
thebigsmooth
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Santacruzer » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:48 pm

Calyxes wrote:Just looking back at last years draft and I am thinking we are going to have to have a live draft this year. We started the 1st round on July 8th and the draft took way to long. If we are doing a slow draft we are going to have to get started now.

We would have to been diligent in a long draft, but I think it could work. Everyone onboard with getting it done, and holding owners to their time-clock. Usually people are too polite and give a guy extra time, but we could take away that guilt knowing from the beginning that you will miss your pick if time lapses (We could even give them a Minny logo to wear - lol). we could opt for a 12 hr timer instead of 24 to speed things up also.

I find that as long as the rules and timelines are up front, people can respect it and hold themselves accountable. If they miss a pick, well, you get it in when you can.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:28 pm

Santacruzer wrote:
Calyxes wrote:Just looking back at last years draft and I am thinking we are going to have to have a live draft this year. We started the 1st round on July 8th and the draft took way to long. If we are doing a slow draft we are going to have to get started now.

We would have to been diligent in a long draft, but I think it could work. Everyone onboard with getting it done, and holding owners to their time-clock. Usually people are too polite and give a guy extra time, but we could take away that guilt knowing from the beginning that you will miss your pick if time lapses (We could even give them a Minny logo to wear - lol). we could opt for a 12 hr timer instead of 24 to speed things up also.

I find that as long as the rules and timelines are up front, people can respect it and hold themselves accountable. If they miss a pick, well, you get it in when you can.

Agree - if ya gotta be absent at all, easy enough to leave your picks with someone else. ;-D
stomperrob

PreviousNext

Return to Detroit Lions