Who is the #8 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #8 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Poll ended at Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:35 am

WR Jonathan Baldwin, Kansas City Chiefs
33%
RB Shane Vareen, New England Patriots
33%
RB Kendall Hunter, San Francisco 49ers
No votes
RB Delone Carter, Indianapolis Colts
25%
RB Roy Helu, Washington Redskins
No votes
Other (please explain)
8%

Total votes : 12

Postby The Lung » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:35 am

Who is the #8 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts? You are voting on who will have the best fantasy football production in the NFL over the next 4 or 5 years with the team on which the player was just drafted, NOT who will have the best year in 2011. Assume standard scoring (1 pt. per 10 yards rushing / receiving, and no PPR) Also please assume that you have a balanced roster and don't have a great specific need for a QB, WR, etc.

Feel free to discuss the pros and cons of these players - this could be helpful for some and generate some good discussion. If you'd like to vote for a player NOT on this list, then please vote "other" and make a post to discuss the player. This will serve as a write-in vote for that player. ;-D

Previous polls
1.01: RB Mark Ingram, New Orleans Saints
1.02: WR A.J. Green, Cincinnati Bengals
1.03: WR Julio Jones, Atlanta Falcons
1.04: RB Ryan Williams, Arizona Cardinals
1.05: RB Mikel LeShoure, Detroit Lions
1.06: RB Daniel Thomas, Miami Dolphins
1.07: WR Greg Little, Cleveland Browns
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who is the #8 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Postby Guru13 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:22 pm

If I have the #8 pick, I think I'm doing everything I can to trade it but since that's not an option I chose Delone Carter because of Baldwin's bust potential and Carter's relatively good situation. Brown isn't all that well liked by the team, and isn't likely to just start producing and Addai, while a good blocker and pass catcher has been injury prone and somewhat ineffective the last few years. Many project Carter to get GL Carries maybe not right off the bat, but by the end of the season.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:08 pm

Hate this spot. Went with Baldwin against my better judgment, because there's really no one I like better when I weigh what I know about the other choices ...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:21 am

Carter. This late in the 1st picks are a gamble, and I'm not looking to gamble on WRs, who take 3 years to even see if they will breakout, RBs will show if they are worth anything in their first two years. If I'm going to waste a pick, I want a quick turnover. Roster spots are important, and even more important to know your needs and how to draft and trade.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:54 am

Went Vereen, though gave serious consideration to Carter. Many of the pluses and minuses for Carter were given above. Vereen, though more talented IMO, faces stronger competition at the position and, more importantly, a coaching staff that has a tendency to split up RB duties among a number of RBs.

Gave no consideration to Baldwin. At all. Whatsoever. I actually spat at his name on my monitor.
Oh, and someone voted "Other"- I'm curious who this Other was and what the reasoning was.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Kareighuis » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:46 am

We need one more vote to break the tie. C'mon, ppl!
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:48 am

I would vote Baldwin for situation but the poll is closed. This is a huge gamble for all of these and not one really stands out.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to Football Talk