Question about drafted players last season - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Question about drafted players last season

Moderator: Football Moderators

Question about drafted players last season

Postby dp35 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:17 pm

Hi. I'm curious if people could tell me what better plays were originally undrafted last year and became great fantasy players after breaking out during a game. For example I know Michael Vick was one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
dp35
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Question about drafted players last season

Postby Wenchtamer » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:24 pm

In no particular order, besides position...

Michael Vick
Josh Freeman
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Kyle Orton
Sam Bradford

Peyton Hillis
BenJarvus Green-Ellis
Danny Woodhead
LeGarrette Blount
Mike Goodson
Ryan Torain
Mike Tolbert

Stevie Johnson
Both Mike Williams' (borderline undrafted)
Brandon Lloyd
Danny Amendola
Mike Thomas

Marcedes Lewis
Jimmy Graham
Wenchtamer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicCafe Musketeer

Postby Kareighuis » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:16 am

That's a good list. Alot of those guys became season-long forces. Some of these guys who went on streaks for a shorter period of time-
Deion Branch
Mark Clayton
Tim Tebow
Danario Alexander
Ben Watson
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby dream_017 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:29 am

dp35 wrote:Hi. I'm curious if people could tell me what better plays were originally undrafted last year and became great fantasy players after breaking out during a game. For example I know Michael Vick was one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

It happens every year...but it is hard to calculate...very few would have drafted those players based on their situations on draft day.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby m16a » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:44 pm

Kareighuis wrote:Mark Clayton

If you are looking for guys who have the potential to continue doing what they did, and will come at a cheap price tag, Clayton looks like a good one in my book. He was drafted at 14.11 in the Cafe's Extremely Early mock draft and honestly, the way he played with Bradford early in the season is a very exciting indicator of what he could do in the future. Some of the other guys such as Stevie Johnson, Blount and the Mike Williams will command higher price tags. But dream is right. Most of these guys weren't drafted on draft day, and going back without knowing what we know now, few of us would give them looks either and it is hard to calculate who is gonna do that again. It just stresses the importance of staying on top of player news and the waiver wire and making sure you jump on guys you like.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby LMack » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:34 pm

This article seems very relevant to the topic
http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantas ... ill-matter

I actually stumbled across this because that very link was tweeted by @FFCafe on Twitter.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:13 pm

LMack wrote:This article seems very relevant to the topic
http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantas ... ill-matter

I actually stumbled across this because that very link was tweeted by @FFCafe on Twitter.

That's a great list there. Thanks for passing it on, and to the Twitter person who provided the link.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Guru13 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:52 pm

m16a wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:Mark Clayton

If you are looking for guys who have the potential to continue doing what they did, and will come at a cheap price tag, Clayton looks like a good one in my book. He was drafted at 14.11 in the Cafe's Extremely Early mock draft and honestly, the way he played with Bradford early in the season is a very exciting indicator of what he could do in the future. Some of the other guys such as Stevie Johnson, Blount and the Mike Williams will command higher price tags. But dream is right. Most of these guys weren't drafted on draft day, and going back without knowing what we know now, few of us would give them looks either and it is hard to calculate who is gonna do that again. It just stresses the importance of staying on top of player news and the waiver wire and making sure you jump on guys you like.

Atleast one of the StL Wide Receivers is in for a big year, I just have not the slightest idea which one. Clayton is definitely a good candidate.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Azrael » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:05 pm

Amendola has a Wes Welker feel to him. Avery reminds me of a Deion Branch. Amendola will be a nice player in a PPR league.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:48 pm

Azrael wrote:Amendola has a Wes Welker feel to him. Avery reminds me of a Deion Branch. Amendola will be a nice player in a PPR league.

If by "nice" you mean Amendola will be "serviceable", I agree. I don't think he's that impressive though and wouldn't want him as more than my WR3.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk