Question about drafted players last season - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Question about drafted players last season

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Question about drafted players last season

Postby Guru13 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:56 am

Kareighuis wrote:
Azrael wrote:Amendola has a Wes Welker feel to him. Avery reminds me of a Deion Branch. Amendola will be a nice player in a PPR league.

If by "nice" you mean Amendola will be "serviceable", I agree. I don't think he's that impressive though and wouldn't want him as more than my WR3.

In a ppr? He could very well catch 100 passes. Bradford is comfortable with him, he's got great hands and frankly there's not a lot of competition for the slot outside of Salas who I'm not confident will make a push for that spot for awhile.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LMack » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:06 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:
Azrael wrote:Amendola has a Wes Welker feel to him. Avery reminds me of a Deion Branch. Amendola will be a nice player in a PPR league.

If by "nice" you mean Amendola will be "serviceable", I agree. I don't think he's that impressive though and wouldn't want him as more than my WR3.

In a ppr? He could very well catch 100 passes. Bradford is comfortable with him, he's got great hands and frankly there's not a lot of competition for the slot outside of Salas who I'm not confident will make a push for that spot for awhile.

I am decently high on Amendola going into this year. There is a lot of speculation that the Josh McDaniels effect will turn Amendola into St. Louis' Wes Welker. Amendola will be working out of the slot this year, and is going into his 3 year as an NFL receiver. Most of his value hinges on the development of Bradford, as touch downs will be scarce for StL receivers. If Bradford can move the ball and the Rams offense using Amendola as his possession receiver, a big year isn't out of the question. I expect him to be able to improve on his 2010 season.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:23 am

LMack wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:If by "nice" you mean Amendola will be "serviceable", I agree. I don't think he's that impressive though and wouldn't want him as more than my WR3.

I am decently high on Amendola going into this year. There is a lot of speculation that the Josh McDaniels effect will turn Amendola into St. Louis' Wes Welker. Amendola will be working out of the slot this year, and is going into his 3 year as an NFL receiver. Most of his value hinges on the development of Bradford, as touch downs will be scarce for StL receivers. If Bradford can move the ball and the Rams offense using Amendola as his possession receiver, a big year isn't out of the question. I expect him to be able to improve on his 2010 season.

In a PPR he could have value, just don't expect yards-after-the-catch. He's more of a Bess to me than a Welker.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby LMack » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:52 pm

Kareighuis wrote:
LMack wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:In a ppr? He could very well catch 100 passes. Bradford is comfortable with him, he's got great hands and frankly there's not a lot of competition for the slot outside of Salas who I'm not confident will make a push for that spot for awhile.

In a PPR he could have value, just don't expect yards-after-the-catch. He's more of a Bess to me than a Welker.

I understand you there. I should've emphasized more that although I think Amendola will assume a Welker role, that doesn't necessarily mean he will have Welker production. Touchdowns have been scarce in St. Louis and as you said, he's not quite the same pedigree as Welker.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Previous

Return to Football Talk