Please provide feedback on a fantasy sports App - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Please provide feedback on a fantasy sports App

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Please provide feedback on a fantasy sports App

Postby The Lung » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:35 pm

dp35 wrote:Do most people not play firstcome first serve fantasy football?

I'd say the overwhelming majority of leagues based here and by members of these forums do not. Fantasy football shouldn't come down to who can rush to the waiver wire the fastest when they see a starting RB or QB get hurt in the middle of a game.

You might have enough of an audience who don't play by those rules to have success with your app, but I think you will find that the consensus from most seasoned fantasy veterans is that leagues without some orderly process for waivers aren't worth a salt.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Please provide feedback on a fantasy sports App

Postby RubeSheets » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:14 pm

The Lung wrote:
dp35 wrote:Do most people not play firstcome first serve fantasy football?

I'd say the overwhelming majority of leagues based here and by members of these forums do not. Fantasy football shouldn't come down to who can rush to the waiver wire the fastest when they see a starting RB or QB get hurt in the middle of a game.

You might have enough of an audience who don't play by those rules to have success with your app, but I think you will find that the consensus from most seasoned fantasy veterans is that leagues without some orderly process for waivers aren't worth a salt.

I totally agree. The serious leagues that have been around for awhile may have started with an all-free agent method, but would have changed at some point over the years. You can only stand having a league shake-up from a race to the computer only so many years before it's time to say enough. Although, last year I won the race to Vick, which won me a title (although it was in a garbage league).
RubeSheets
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk