FCFS vs. locked waiver - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FCFS vs. locked waiver

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: FCFS vs. locked waiver

Postby mzu » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:52 pm

LS2throwed wrote:Who really wants to go through that trouble? To be trying to add players from your phone during the whole game, because you literally have to drop everything your doing to do so. What about the guys who play fantasy football who have kids running around the house? Why should they not be able to have the same chances at players compared to the young single guy who can have the time to sit in front of the tv? Nothing about it is fair, and this is coming from someone who played in it a bunch of years and destroyed the system picking players up before anyone and trading them tuesday morning for proven studs who were in a slump.

Picking up a FA literally takes less than 30 seconds on a smartphone. Not saying FCFS is perfect but I am still a fan...probably just bitter from getting out waviered for Vick last year.
mzu
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Lung » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:07 am

There is really is no legitimate argument whatsoever for any waivers which can occur during NFL games, and make it so that winning your fantasy football league is all about who can race to his smartphone or computer the fastest to pickup a newly injured player's replacement.

Anyone who says otherwise is a complete nooB. :-t
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:58 am

The Lung wrote:There is really is no legitimate argument whatsoever for any waivers which can occur during NFL games, and make it so that winning your fantasy football league is all about who can race to his smartphone or computer the fastest to pickup a newly injured player's replacement.

Anyone who says otherwise is a complete nooB. :-t

Yep. ;-D Have you ever tried to have a tea party with a bunch of dolls while picking up players on your phone? Not easy. Fantasy Football is never more important than Real Life.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby daullaz » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:08 am

Waivers with blind bidding is definitely the way to go. We used Yahoo's FAAB last year for the first time and loved it.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TexasBornCowboysFan » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:55 am

I have never been in a league with FCFS WW during game time. I am not aware of any standard leagues that do. There are a few custom leagues that have FCFS WW, but they are in the minority.
TexasBornCowboysFan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Stelly » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:52 am

I do play in one FCFS free agent system, but it is locked from 1pm Sundays untill 9pm Tuesday night. At 9pm Tuesday night, it is FCFS for free agents. It's slightly more fair than a FCFS system that is open during games.
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby spodog » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:11 pm

The best system is (and has been for a long time) a blind bidding system. It trumps waiver systems and it definitely beats FCFS systems.

Dragging out an old dialog on this topic, all of which is still valid:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91852&p=555215&hilit=Blind+Bidding#p555215
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Instinctive » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:47 pm

My longstanding local league was/is/has always been my only FCFS league, just because it was that way when I was invited.

This past season, since we have transaction costs anyways, we hiked up the price from noon Sundays until 11 PM Mondays by a ton. I believe the only pickups during games were:

Michael Vick - me! (and I traded him, so the league winner did not have Vick, he had Tebow starting)
Jon Kitna - was a mistake...guy picked him up at 10:59 PM Monday and had to pay extra haha

So it wasn't too bad. Definitely a step in the right direction.

I personally like FCFS outside of the time games are being played. Waivers should run tuesday morning, IMO, and then FCFS with each player locking when his team's game kicks off.
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Previous

Return to Football Talk