Representing the Cafe in expert dynasties - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Representing the Cafe in expert dynasties

Moderator: Football Moderators

Representing the Cafe in expert dynasties

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:51 am

I asked this question before last year and no1 knew, so I'm hoping maybe somebody has an answer now with all the new mods we have.

I read alot of different fantasy sites for news, some are specifically dynasty fantasy football news and some are just general fantasy football sites, majority of them have expert dynasty leagues where they post results of trades, picks, drafts, etc. I have seen at least 3 times the Cafe was represented in these leagues with some pretty heavy hitters, and I never got any info about it here on our site like the other sites do.

I think it would be pretty cool if we could know who was representing the cafe, some dynasty draft results, trade results, league results, etc. I find it to be pretty interesting to see how some of the so called "experts" think with trades and picks, and since we were being represented in alot of these it would get some good discussion going.

Would anyone have any info of these at all? Or some kind of info on how guys are picked to represent the cafe?
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Representing the Cafe in expert dynasties

Postby TexasBornCowboysFan » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:04 am

My guess would be the site owner and/or writers are the ones representing the Cafe. I would only be speculating if I answered as to why the Cafe isn't making expert league info available.
TexasBornCowboysFan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:07 am

I'd be interested in an expert dynasty. I can't recall hearing of any...the AOL/Fanhouse v Cafe Challenge and the IBL are the ones I can think of.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby TexasBornCowboysFan » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:12 am

MFL hosts several.
TexasBornCowboysFan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bungle613 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:57 am

It is done in a variety of ways LS2. Sometimes a general inviation is sent to Menyak and it is forwarded to a mod or posted in holics. There is a sticky right at the top there. Others times it is just through an indivdual that the invite is extended. Usually because the individual was a part of something or simply knows someone currently in the league.

The Cafe has been represented in at least 3-4 major leagues over the last few years and we have done fairly well. I can check and see who would take requests to be a part of these leagues.

Any Cafe member with a sword icon has participated in one of these leagues if you have any specific questions.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby daullaz » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:18 am

I'm representing the Baseball Cafe in a few leagues, and as a matter of fact, I just posted a Defending the Cafe article over there last week. I was worried no one would care, but it sounds like there's a real interest in reading that type of article.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bungle613 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:18 pm

The thread in Holics has been changed so it is more noticeable.

Also, run it by dream but I think it would be interesting for some of our regular members to either throw out challenges to other sites or to even start a league and invite other sites to participate. I had planned on doing this for 2011 but life won't allow it, maybe in 2012.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:44 am

This is all good info, stuff I never really knew. I will keep an eye out, but I still really think it'd be a great idea for 1 of the guys in a league like this with other fantasy sites to drop in with the rookie draft and how it went, trade offers, proposals, etc. I just thought it should be more visible considering alot of people consider the site down from what it used to be.

I think it would be fun to chime in on certain deals, and keep track on how things have shaped after the years.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:12 am

bungle613 wrote:The thread in Holics has been changed so it is more noticeable.

Also, run it by dream but I think it would be interesting for some of our regular members to either throw out challenges to other sites or to even start a league and invite other sites to participate. I had planned on doing this for 2011 but life won't allow it, maybe in 2012.

I am in a similar boat here as I think this is an awesome idea and something I would be on board with in a year from now - sadly I'm already trying to manage 6 leagues I've committed to for this season and need some time/notice to pare down before I would be able to thrown down a challenge or participate in one thrown by someone else.

With that said, I am here to help in whatever I way I can as far as facilitating such a challenge that Cafe regulars might want, whether it be reaching out to some other mod(s) at another site and feeling out interest in such a challenge or anything else that might be needed.

We have a couple of this type of league going with challenges we've received from across the internet, but I think it would be cool for us to play "aggressor" sooner than later ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk