Early look at QB's and schedules - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Early look at QB's and schedules

Moderator: Football Moderators

Early look at QB's and schedules

Postby prophecy135 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:07 pm

I know its REALLY early to be looking at QB's in a non dynasty league, but I'm bored and I hope some people can get me some good opinions. Last year I drafted QB's mid and late, with my 6th and 11th picks in my two leagues, getting Romo and Kolb... Lucked out and got Vick in the Kolb league so I was okay there.. Before that I would take QB's earlier, usually 3rd getting the likes of Manning and Brady.

Just looking at 2011 schedules, and I'm just wondering who you guys think has the best schedule, and would make a strong mid to late round QB to take, as I don't think I want to go with a QB before my 4th pick, and in my leagues, the Vick, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Rivers, and Brady would probably be gone by that time anyway. Leagues are a 10 team standard, and a 12 team ppr..

Thanks for looking, I WHIR, but I'm not a dynasty guy so my opinion might not be worth much :-B
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Early look at QB's and schedules

Postby Venom » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:08 am

With the addition of Julio Jones and the best season from his OL last year continuing this year...

Matt Ryan will outplay his ADP (I have seen anywhere from 60-70 overall, QB 8-10) this year.

I was able to snag him in the 8th round of our startup dynasty this year. A steal if my calculations are correct :-b
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby prophecy135 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:40 am

that's a good one, bears, pack, vikes, and eagles are the toughest D's he'll play and with a playoff schedule that inclues Pathers, Jags and Saints, that looks solid.. not to mention he's got amazing weapons in jones and roddy..

I also think Ben might have a good season, depending on how much the steelers wanna run. Other then the Ravens twice, there isnt really a tough D on the schedule, and they play Browns, 49ers, and Rams in the playoff weeks.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby Venom » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:45 am

I keep hearing about this foot issue with Ben...but I do like his schedule and talented receivers.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby prophecy135 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:58 am

I'm also keeping an eye on Cutler, to see how he does coming off that injury. the bears have a great schedule, with the only real tough D's on it being the packers, vikings, and eagles.. I just dont know if I can trust him, but he does have a nice system with some okay-ish recievers.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby MadDog36 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:48 am

Ryan, Freeman
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero