Britt Surrenders to Police - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Britt Surrenders to Police

Moderator: Football Moderators

Britt Surrenders to Police

Postby u_fig_eater » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:25 pm

Kenny Britt has surrendered to police. Britt was wanted on two outstanding warrants. He is also facing charges in New Jersey, and recently plead guilty to motor vehicle violations.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... tans-britt

Is he still worth the risk? Also, any concern with him working with a rookie QB (Locker)?
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Britt Surrenders to Police

Postby m16a » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:51 pm

I try to avoid guys with off field issues, and I have never been much a fan of Britt, so I'm gonna be rather biased, but I think he's good to hold in a dynasty/keeper, will certainly drop if being drafted in a dynasty, and I wouldn't want to take him one bit in a redraft. Maybe if he's available rounds 8, 9, or later I'd give him a shot, but not beyond that. Sucks, because he's got a world of talent. :-/
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 48)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:53 pm

m16a wrote:I try to avoid guys with off field issues, and I have never been much a fan of Britt, so I'm gonna be rather biased, but I think he's good to hold in a dynasty/keeper, will certainly drop if being drafted in a dynasty, and I wouldn't want to take him one bit in a redraft. Maybe if he's available rounds 8, 9, or later I'd give him a shot, but not beyond that. Sucks, because he's got a world of talent. :-/

I agree completely here. I wouldnt touch him. His stock just fell off the face of the earth. He is certainly going to be suspended at the least.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby bungle613 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:31 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
m16a wrote:I try to avoid guys with off field issues, and I have never been much a fan of Britt, so I'm gonna be rather biased, but I think he's good to hold in a dynasty/keeper, will certainly drop if being drafted in a dynasty, and I wouldn't want to take him one bit in a redraft. Maybe if he's available rounds 8, 9, or later I'd give him a shot, but not beyond that. Sucks, because he's got a world of talent. :-/

I agree completely here. I wouldnt touch him. His stock just fell off the face of the earth. He is certainly going to be suspended at the least.

He won't be suspended is the PA has any say in it. They seem fairly adamant that their players will not be held accountable for actions during the lockout. NFL says they will be and that the policy is not under the CBA which it currently is not. NFLPA wants it in the CBA.

This is arrest #7 by my count since entering the league and a handful of other idiotic behaviour that you can throw in. He is currently late 5th or early 6th in ADP and could fall even further with the possibility of suspension and a really bad QB situation. Most NFL news sources are pretty poor at predicting things but almost all of them said to keep your eye on Britt with an extended lockout as he simply does not have the discipline to take care of his self. They were bang on with that one.

Would love to buy him cheap in a dynasty league though.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:46 pm

bungle613 wrote:

Thanks for putting his problems on me now btw :-D :-b ;-)

Lol. I pretty much have no choice but to sit on him, you'd never get anything near what his value is at it's peak, which is a WR1 for many years when it's all said and done. He might not make it to that point, but I agree if some owner was too concerned I'd make an offer.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bungle613 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:10 am

LS2throwed wrote:
bungle613 wrote:

Thanks for putting his problems on me now btw :-D :-b ;-)

Lol. I pretty much have no choice but to sit on him, you'd never get anything near what his value is at it's peak, which is a WR1 for many years when it's all said and done. He might not make it to that point, but I agree if some owner was too concerned I'd make an offer.

Boohoo ya big baby! :-D :-b

You still won the league. IT's not like I made out like a bandit. Clark goes on IR and MSW is just slightly less stupid then Britt. Stll bitter I never won that league. 0.740 win percentage and stunk it up in the playoffs. Hold onto him, he should be fine in the long run.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:25 am

bungle613 wrote:

Boohoo ya big baby! :-D :-b

You still won the league. IT's not like I made out like a bandit. Clark goes on IR and MSW is just slightly less stupid then Britt. Stll bitter I never won that league. 0.740 win percentage and stunk it up in the playoffs. Hold onto him, he should be fine in the long run.

Oh no I'm still glad I have him, my WR's were lacking and I was really gonna rely on him going forward, I knew he was a knucklehead when I traded for him lol. You just always feel uneasy about a guy who is a WR1 for you one minute, carrying your team, and the next he's suspended for the season. I don't know that he's got enough sense to stick longterm, but he's not going anywhere. LOL@Sims Walker being slightly less stupid lol very true.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer