2012 Prospects - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2012 Prospects

Moderator: Football Moderators

2012 Prospects

Postby bungle613 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:38 pm

OK college gurus... what can we expect from 2012. I know that looking this far ahead is fairly meaningless but still love to hear your insight. 2011 was suppsed to be the year of the WR... turned more into the year of the mediocre QB. SO, tell us your stories.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2012 Prospects

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:53 am

Here's a list that has the top 25 prospects for 2012, but it lists players at all positions.

* 1 – QB Andrew Luck (Stanford Cardinal)
* 2 – DE Quinton Coples (North Carolina Tar Heels)
* 3 – WR Alshon Jeffery (South Carolina Gamecocks)
* 4 – OT Matt Kalil (Southern California Trojans)
* 5 – CB Dre Kirkpatrick (Alabama Crimson Tide)
* 6 – WR Justin Blackmon (Oklahoma State Cowboys)
* 7 – QB Matt Barkley (Southern California Trojans)
* 8 – OT Jonathan Martin (Stanford Cardinal)
* 9 – DT Jerel Worthy (Michigan State Spartans)
* 10 – OLB Courtney Upshaw (Alabama Crimson Tide)
* 11 – LB Vontaze Burflict (Arizona State Sun Devils)
* 12 – DE Donte Paige-Moss (North Carolina Tar Heels)
* 13 – RB Trent Richardson (Alabama Crimson Tide)
* 14 – CB Alfonzo Dennard (Nebraska Cornhuskers)
* 15 – OT Riley Reiff (Iowa Hawkeyes)
* 16 – QB Landry Jones (Oklahoma Sooners)
* 17 – CB Stephen Gilmore (South Carolina Gamecocks)
* 18 – LB Manti Te’o (Notre Dame Fighting Irish)
* 19 – DE Andre Branch (Clemson Tigers)
* 20 – RB Knile Davis (Arkansas Razorbacks)
* 21 – OT Mike Adams (Ohio State Buckeyes)
* 22 – DT Jared Crick (Nebraska Cornhuskers)
* 23 – WR Jeff Fuller (Texas A&M Aggies)
* 24 – C Michael Brewster (Ohio State Buckeyes)
* 25 – LB Travis Lewis (Oklahoma Sooners)

http://www.fantasyfootballoasis.com/con ... big-board/

;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:31 pm

Thanks flots! Way too many guys I haven't heard of/heard much about - looks like I've been too pro-heavy in my football fandom lately :-o

Anyone have one for just offensive players that goes a little bit deeper? After looking at this list I realize how terribly out of touch I already am with college football going into this year - I'll take every list I can, even if it just helps me expand my basic knowledge base of who's coming up the ranks O:-)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:51 pm

How deep would you like me to go?

As some may know/remember ... I have dynasty leagues that draft college farm systems along with pro teams. I watch/scout fantasy players from HS and on. Off the top of my head:

QB: Luck, Barkley, Jones, Foles, even Griffin could be a dual threat sleeper...
RB: Richardson, James, Gray, Davis, Polk, Ellington, Wilson, etc I could go on...
WR: Jeffery (I think he's in the AJ Green/Calvin Johnson area of being elite. He's just a beast), Blackmon (huge numbers, studly but I like Jeffery more), Floyd (if he doesn't go supllemental draft), Fuller

I could really go in depth if you need... Maybe I should just just write an article about it...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:49 pm

treat24 wrote:How deep would you like me to go?

As some may know/remember ... I have dynasty leagues that draft college farm systems along with pro teams. I watch/scout fantasy players from HS and on. Off the top of my head:

RB: Richardson, James, Gray, Davis, Polk, Ellington, Wilson, etc I could go on...
WR: Jeffery (I think he's in the AJ Green/Calvin Johnson area of being elite. He's just a beast), Blackmon (huge numbers, studly but I like Jeffery more), Floyd (if he doesn't go supllemental draft), Fuller

I could really go in depth if you need... Maybe I should just just write an article about it...

Sounds good to me, and you'll get some "yards" for it too ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thebigsmooth » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:53 am

I'll bet Denard Robinson goes after this season. With the new offense coming in and more of a move to the prostyle offense in the future I could see him trying to go to the league. The problem is I think he would be better off as a flanker in the Percy Harvin type mold. It would be neat to see UM try to use him more like that in some trick play sets. That is if he doesn't break. I think it would help him to stick around and play his senor year but my gut feeling is that he won't. His wheels are ridiculous
thebigsmooth
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby treat24 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:14 am

thebigsmooth wrote:I'll bet Denard Robinson goes after this season. With the new offense coming in and more of a move to the prostyle offense in the future I could see him trying to go to the league. The problem is I think he would be better off as a flanker in the Percy Harvin type mold. It would be neat to see UM try to use him more like that in some trick play sets. That is if he doesn't break. I think it would help him to stick around and play his senor year but my gut feeling is that he won't. His wheels are ridiculous

He's actually about my 10th-15th or so ranked WR for next year depending on who comes out. I think Percy Harvin, Desean Jackson, or Jacoby Ford, etc is his high high upside... not altogether an impossible feat. I can see him being a Hester like to start his career in that he might be a returner and hope to join the WR ranks to start out in the NFL. If he insists on going in as a QB he'll be Pat White or Tyrod Taylor... He does have ridiculous wheels.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby thebigsmooth » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:12 am

It would be interesting to see where he would be ranked as a WR. Durability is an issue with him. I hope this year he can show that he is more durable and capable of making it through a game without the proverbial knicks and having to sit out some plays/series. It would have been cool to see what his stats would have been last year if he didn't have to come out so much. Also who knows, maybe he develops a little more in the passing game an can be even more effective. If Vick has another good year NFL teams will be more likely to try to see how he would play out as a QB. If he is truly banking on being a QB then he better stay for all 4 years to develop.
thebigsmooth
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby bungle613 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:26 pm

treat24 wrote:How deep would you like me to go?

Any wisdom you are willing to pass along is always appreciated treat. I don't follow college in depth so first and foremost need to know if 2012 is predicted to be a great draft or a mediocre draft. Which positions are deep etc...

Your opinions on specific players would be great as well. Players predicted to go high but you think suck, and then the opposite. Your call on what you are willing to pass along.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby treat24 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:51 pm

I forgot about this because I broke a couple of fingers...

So I have a little more time and remembered about writing up some prospects for next year's draft (Fantasy Relevant ones)

Quarterbacks

I will do RBs and WRs soon, hopefully today/tomorrow
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to College Football