Need 4 keepers (3 no brainers, one tough decision) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Need 4 keepers (3 no brainers, one tough decision)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need 4 keepers (3 no brainers, one tough decision)

Postby chapo » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:47 am

I have to pick 4 keepers, 3 picks are easy... but one is a tough decision:

QB: Big Ben, Flacco
RB: A Foster, J Charles, SJax, J Stew, Rashad Jennings
WR: AJohnosn, Miles Austin, M Colston, A Collie, S Rice
TE: J Tamme
K: Kaeding
D: Saints

We play 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 WR/RB, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K, 4 IDP

My sure keepers are Foster, Charles and AJ..... but i cant decide the 4th one between MAustin, SJax, JStew, A Collie and even S Rice (if he winds up on another team.. maybe NE?)

Please help and leave a link
chapo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need 4 keepers (3 no brainers, one tough decision)

Postby bungle613 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:27 am

That is fairly tough. I would eliminate everyone other than SJax and JStew. I love Stewart but until the dust settles and we know where DWIlly will end up I have to give the nod to SJax even with the injury concerns. Austin would be my 3rd choice but a distant 3rd.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby m16a » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:29 am

Hey chapo, first of all, welcome to the cafe. We hope your stay is enjoyable and mutually beneficial. We've got a great group of guys around here. ;-D

As to your keeper decision, I'd suggest keeping SJax. I'm a strong proponent of winning via plentiful and powerful RBs, and a group of guys like Foster, SJax, and Charles would be awfully tough to beat. As to why SJax, he's still a plenty strong RB and has plenty left in the tank. He rushed for over 1,200yds and 6TDs despite having a suspect (albeit eventually successful) rookie QB. With Bradford continuing to develop a rapport with his young WRs, I'd expect the STL offense to open up and continue to score points. This will mean that SJax will get the chance to run with less guys in the box, and will have the chance to run to finish off some games. (Of course, that latter part assumes STL continues to develop offensively.) That's my .02 on the matter. Good luck in your decision.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 47)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:07 pm

I woould keep the ones you said and SJax. Given you can play a 3rd RB I think the Rams only get better with Bradford at the helm. SJax should do better this year than last year. ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Those About To Rock » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:59 pm

S. Jax is easy #4
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby chapo » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:14 pm

Thanks guys!! ;-D ... great response by the way, and its cool site!!... My league is a PPR, and maybe i am being a homer (i am a cowboy fan) but have a slightly hunge that M Austin we be back like the 2009 (and begining of the 2010) season with Romo back on the helm, I think Dez is a beast (but a raw one, and with the lockout he wont develope all of his potential this season) but Austin will still see the bulk of the targets.

J Stew, has great talent, and ass you all say it all depends on where DWilliams land.... and he is also injury prone.

And last theres SJax, i had been reading several sites that say that his has lots of mileage on his tires, and had a 3.4 YPC (aprox.), last season and could start to decline in his career.... but i think your right about gping with three strong backs... and i still have AJ as my WR1.

Great site again, and thanks for the replys
chapo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TexasBornCowboysFan » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:06 am

I agree with SJax. Even if Williams leaves the Panthers Goodson is waiting in the wings to compete with Stewart for touches. As it stands now SJax has no real competition. In a league where you can start 4 RBs you should make the playoffs. Good luck on your #4 RB!
TexasBornCowboysFan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:23 am

Since you have the ability to start as many 4 RBs at any given time, I think Jackson is also the obvious choice. You know you're keeping 4 top-flight starters right off the bat, and I honestly don't think you have much to worry about with those 4 for at least this season and probably part of the next. Just too many question marks or downsides when comparing anyone else on your roster - too bad it's not a keep-5, but Austin simply has to go ;-)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby m16a » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:26 am

chapo wrote:Thanks guys!! ;-D ... great response by the way, and its cool site!!... My league is a PPR, and maybe i am being a homer (i am a cowboy fan) but have a slightly hunge that M Austin we be back like the 2009 (and begining of the 2010) season with Romo back on the helm, I think Dez is a beast (but a raw one, and with the lockout he wont develope all of his potential this season) but Austin will still see the bulk of the targets.

J Stew, has great talent, and ass you all say it all depends on where DWilliams land.... and he is also injury prone.

And last theres SJax, i had been reading several sites that say that his has lots of mileage on his tires, and had a 3.4 YPC (aprox.), last season and could start to decline in his career.... but i think your right about gping with three strong backs... and i still have AJ as my WR1.

Great site again, and thanks for the replys

AJ is a great guy to have at WR1 and will more than make up for any lack at WR2. He's that strong. SJax is a consistent PPR guy, so if it's a PPR league, that makes it even more firmly SJax. He averages about 47 catches a season over his career and has caught 40+ balls in all but two of his seasons (one of them being his rookie year, the other where he caught 38). He's an even stronger choice in PPR.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 47)

Postby Indibuck » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:05 pm

Especially since it's a PPR, I would keep SJax as your 4th. Good luck and welcome aboard. ;-D
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions