@ guys that could be absolute draft day steals IMO... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

@ guys that could be absolute draft day steals IMO...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: @ guys that could be absolute draft day steals IMO...

Postby Sex Panther » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:37 am

I need to clarify, my org. post may have been slightly misleading - What I was trying to say (nad meant by steal) is pretty simple... depending on what happens hen player movement is (finally) allowed to happen, and depending on what happens to either guy's situation (ie where DeAngelo ends up & who is Larry's QB), IMO both have legit shots at finishing at #1 at their respective positions... in my mind, that would make them steals (probably more so in DeAngelo case based on ADP).

Larry is typically listed as what, somewhere in the neighborhood of the 5th-7th WR taken? AJ, Roddy, Calvin, Nicks, then the arguement can be made for Fitz (or Jennings/Austin/Bowe/etc.)

And DWill maybe in the late teens-early 20's in terms of RB?

Last year I snagged Roddy White in 3 of 4 leagues, I took him mid 2nd in 1, mid 3rd in another, and late 3rd in the 3rd. The way he preformed (for the vast majority of the year), he outpreformed his draft position, IMO making him a steal - not on the level of Foster/Hillis/Vick/Lloyd, but a steal none the less.

I should probably eliminate the word "absolute" from the title of this thread.

That make more sense?
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LMack » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:42 pm

Sex Panther wrote:And DWill maybe in the late teens-early 20's in terms of RB?

Fantasyfootballcalculator currently has DeAngelo Williams going at the end of the 4th round (48.6). Even if he goes to Denver and reunites with John Fox, I don't think he will creep up into the second round after last years injury history. As far as the potential Denver backfield goes, DWill would get to be the 1st and 2nd down back with Knowshon Moreno taking 3rd down duties. DeAngelo Williams has shown his value in the RZ, and he should get those touches. But the wildcard in the rushing touchdown scenario is Tim Tebow. If Kyle Orton leaves via free agency.. who knows how that will work.

If DWill leaves Carolina, I think that Johnathan Stewart has a good chance to outperform his ADP of currently 46.6 too. The Daily Show should be able to handle lead back duties should he get the chance.

I don't expect the ADP of these two backs to stay low forever, though. After free agency settles and the roles of both become clearly defined, I'd expect them both to move up to around the 3rd round.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby Mr.Joshua » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:52 am

If DWill is gone, Im seeing JStew going early 2nd ;-D
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:52 pm

Mr.Joshua wrote:If DWill is gone, Im seeing JStew going early 2nd ;-D

If DWill is gone, then I see Mike Goodson being a possible draft day steal, especially in PPR leagues. He did well enough to show he can carry the load for a couple of games if needed and can be a nice complement to Stewart otherwise.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby LMack » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:26 pm

I agree JStew will demand a higher price tag than DWill, rightfully so. I'm wary of all the foot, toe, and heel injuries that The Daily Show has had. But, looking at the back end of the RB1's, he is no more of an injury risk than McFadden, Gore, Turner, or Jackson.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby m16a » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:51 pm

Indibuck wrote:

If DWill is gone, then I see Mike Goodson being a possible draft day steal, especially in PPR leagues. He did well enough to show he can carry the load for a couple of games if needed and can be a nice complement to Stewart otherwise.

Goodson is being taken awfully late, and I definitely like him in PPR. He showed solid ability, and could be a great change of pace guy. In fantasy he'll most likely end up being an RB4 type, flex, and bye week fill in with some RB2 upside. He's a good dynasty pick too, quite young. He'll have some good draft day value for sure.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Wenchtamer » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:36 am

LMack wrote:DeAngelo Williams has shown his value in the RZ, and he should get those touches. But the wildcard in the rushing touchdown scenario is Tim Tebow. If Kyle Orton leaves via free agency.. who knows how that will work.

That's a good point. I imagine Tebow would snipe a bunch of goalline TDs from whoever Denver's RB is.

And everyone already beat me to mentioning Mike Goodson. I think Stewart would be early second round material if he didn't always get hurt. But Goodson's ADP is 12.07? Give me Goodson in the 11th all day versus Stewart anywhere in the first 4 rounds. Goodson was still putting up ~RB3 numbers when they were splitting carries in the second half of the year. Factor in Stewart's propensity for injury and you have a possible RB2 that late. Now think about Carolina getting Otah back and if Newton can do better than Clausen (shouldn't be too difficult). I'm definitely targetting Goodson in any redraft.
Wenchtamer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicCafe Musketeer

Postby Wenchtamer » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:38 am

Plus Goodson looked downright sick on some plays last year. He could be the next Arian Foster. If only he had an Andre Johnson on his team...
Wenchtamer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicCafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to Football Talk