Thoughts on Payton Hillis and Mark Ingram? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Thoughts on Payton Hillis and Mark Ingram?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thoughts on Payton Hillis and Mark Ingram?

Postby JimiRayThunderaxe » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:19 am

Was wondering what people thought of these two. Payton Hillis was a BEAST last year and even though he sank during the stretch, it was still his first full season as RB. With the kind of production he put up, it doesn't seem to me like the coaching staff would go 50/50 rather than just spell him.
Worth a late first round or second round pick?

Pierre Thomas is still in NO, but they obviously drafted Ingram for a reason and they get to play Carolina twice. Is he worth his current ADP of high 5th round? With all the weapons on the Saints, that seems kind of high to me.

Thoughts? (non-ppr)
JimiRayThunderaxe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 30)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Thoughts on Payton Hillis and Mark Ingram?

Postby Kareighuis » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:44 am

No interest in Peyton. Not a one-year wonder because he can still be productive, but the offensive skill players around him are, well, offensive. Seriously, defenses last year figured out how to skimp on defending the passing game so they can gang up on the run. Add in a potentially healthy Hardesty to steal carries, and I think he's overdrafted.

I like Ingram at that price. Team has made clear they intend to build a more balanced offense.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:54 pm

Kareighuis wrote:No interest in Peyton. Not a one-year wonder because he can still be productive, but the offensive skill players around him are, well, offensive. Seriously, defenses last year figured out how to skimp on defending the passing game so they can gang up on the run. Add in a potentially healthy Hardesty to steal carries, and I think he's overdrafted.

I like Ingram at that price. Team has made clear they intend to build a more balanced offense.

Agreed about not hating Hillis but not really being willing to pay the requisite price that it'll probably still take to get him. If you can get him cheaply as a RB2 after, for example, going WR-RB-WR to start your draft, then I don't hate it - just don't expect anything better than fringe top-20 numbers and I don't think you'll be disappointed. I like him, probably more than many, but until the "hate goes too far" I don't think I'll really be taking him anywhere near his ADP in any leagues that matter to me. I have experimented with taking him at the end of the 3rd in a mock or two just to see what I think about how my team turns out, and I have to admit I haven't been enthralled with those squads in the end ...

As for Ingram, I think that he's not a bad get at the right price, but I'm still unsure of what that price is. If I came out of the 4th with 2 RBs and 2 WRs and Ingram was there at the end of the 5th as a RB3/FLEX, I'd certainly be considering him, but I just haven't decided if I'd really pull the trigger on him in the top 50-60 when push comes to shove ...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:59 am

You have some guys coming back and some new weapons. Cleveland has a young offense, don't know how its going to respond yet. You have to be concerned about Montario Hardesty. He was a top draft pick leap frogged James Davis and what not.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 132)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Indibuck » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:35 am

I will grab Hillis if the price is right.... late first/early second is too high for him, though, especially non-PPR.

I think Ingram's ADP is just about right for his value... there are some question marks about how many touches he will ultimately get, but I would roll the dice on him in the 5th.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby Those About To Rock » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:32 am

I won't own any NO offense other than Brees if I can get my hands on him (Well, maybe Graham...) too many weapons.

As for Hillis, I think the only direction you can realistically expect him to go is down. He's in my B. Lloyd category -- people that, if I had, I would trade if someone would take me up.
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby k_dubya » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:17 pm

I take Ingram at that price all day. Not so with Hillis.

viewtopic.php?t=490503
10 team 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF
P Manning, RG3
A Foster, CJ Spiller, B Tate, Le'Veon Bell,
D Thomas, J Nelson, M Wallace, DeAndre Hopkins, Vincent Brown, Marlon Brown
J Thomas, M Bennett
Prater
Ravens
k_dubya
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)