Who is the #11 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #11 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Poll ended at Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:44 pm

WR Leonard Hankerson, Washington Redskins
15%
RB Kendall Hunter, San Francisco 49ers
46%
RB Roy Helu, Washington Redskins
23%
WR Randall Cobb, Green Bay Packers
15%
RB DeMarco Murray, Dallas Cowboys
No votes
Other (please explain)
No votes

Total votes : 13

Postby The Lung » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:44 pm

Who is the #11 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts? You are voting on who will have the best fantasy football production in the NFL over the next 4 or 5 years with the team on which the player was just drafted, NOT who will have the best year in 2011. Assume standard scoring (1 pt. per 10 yards rushing / receiving, and no PPR) Also please assume that you have a balanced roster and don't have a great specific need for a QB, WR, etc.

Feel free to discuss the pros and cons of these players - this could be helpful for some and generate some good discussion. If you'd like to vote for a player NOT on this list, then please vote "other" and make a post to discuss the player. This will serve as a write-in vote for that player. ;-D

Previous polls
1.01: RB Mark Ingram, New Orleans Saints
1.02: WR A.J. Green, Cincinnati Bengals
1.03: WR Julio Jones, Atlanta Falcons
1.04: RB Ryan Williams, Arizona Cardinals
1.05: RB Mikel LeShoure, Detroit Lions
1.06: RB Daniel Thomas, Miami Dolphins
1.07: WR Greg Little, Cleveland Browns
1.08: WR Jonathan Baldwin, Kansas City Chiefs
1.09: RB Delone Carter, Indianapolis Colts
1.10: RB Shane Vareen, New England Patriots
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who is the #11 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Postby m16a » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:19 pm

I woulda taken Helu at 10, so I could safely say I'd take him at 11 also. I took him at 11 personally in a cafe draft. Though if Hunter were available, I'd probably be thinking long and hard about that one.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby daullaz » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:30 pm

I obviously went Hankerson. He should get the most immediate playing time out of the bunch, and I think he has the talent to make his mark early. If the Redskins had a QB, I'd predict a Mike Williams-level breakout.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LMack » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:35 pm

While the impact that he might have in 2011 is limited, I'd select Kendall Hunter here. The 49ers selecting him in this years draft seems like a lack of confidence in Anthony Dixon. If Hunter becomes the back of the 49ers future, there could be a lot of value there. Kendall Hunter is a solid pass catcher, and scouts were particularly impressed with his ability to pass block. The pass catching and blocking should be able to keep him in on 3rd down. Hunter is a back of smaller stature, but that doesn't necessarily mean he can't be a featured back. He had workloads of increasing size in his college career. Maurice Jones-Drew seems to be a common comparison due to the short height (both backs are listed as 5'7") MJD and Hunter both can catch passes out of the backfield and block, but Hunter doesn't quite have Jones' speed.

Hunter's 2011 situation isn't terrific but it could change rapidly. He has a chance to assume Gore's role and has decent physical tools to handle that job.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby moochman » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:43 pm

daullaz wrote:I obviously went Hankerson. He should get the most immediate playing time out of the bunch, and I think he has the talent to make his mark early. If the Redskins had a QB, I'd predict a Mike Williams-level breakout.

It's that possibility of instant PT that was the determining factor in why I went with Helu over Kendall Hunter. Helu has good enough measurables to be a productive RB in the right system. Should he get on Shanny's anorexic goodside he will get a great chance to run for a guy who has made marginal players fantasy producers.
Not sure this is a guy I would want to keep forever. Let him roll up some good numbers this season and trade him before some waiver wire RB whose own family has never heard of comes of the bench to rip off a 200 yd game. Not sure anybody can stay on Shanarat's good side for a career. :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:06 am

Need to add Cam to the next poll.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby The Lung » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:35 am

thriftyrocker wrote:Need to add Cam to the next poll.

Will do. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:02 am

I went with Helu. I feel Portis is done and he has the best chance to start.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby m16a » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:32 am

Just as a random thought, Cobb seems to be shooting up people's draft charts. Any new info that came out that people are suddenly valuing him higher? I think I got him at 2.08 in a draft, then he went at 2.06 in a league, and finally 2.04 in another. Now he's on a vote for round 1 and has some votes, so he's moving up the charts rather quickly.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Guru13 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:27 am

LMack wrote:While the impact that he might have in 2011 is limited, I'd select Kendall Hunter here. The 49ers selecting him in this years draft seems like a lack of confidence in Anthony Dixon. If Hunter becomes the back of the 49ers future, there could be a lot of value there. Kendall Hunter is a solid pass catcher, and scouts were particularly impressed with his ability to pass block. The pass catching and blocking should be able to keep him in on 3rd down. Hunter is a back of smaller stature, but that doesn't necessarily mean he can't be a featured back. He had workloads of increasing size in his college career. Maurice Jones-Drew seems to be a common comparison due to the short height (both backs are listed as 5'7") MJD and Hunter both can catch passes out of the backfield and block, but Hunter doesn't quite have Jones' speed.

Hunter's 2011 situation isn't terrific but it could change rapidly. He has a chance to assume Gore's role and has decent physical tools to handle that job.

I don't know if Kendall has the tree trunk legs that MJD has though.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk