Who is the #11 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #11 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is the #11 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:44 pm

WR Leonard Hankerson, Washington Redskins
15%
RB Kendall Hunter, San Francisco 49ers
46%
RB Roy Helu, Washington Redskins
23%
WR Randall Cobb, Green Bay Packers
15%
RB DeMarco Murray, Dallas Cowboys
No votes
Other (please explain)
No votes

Total votes : 13

Re: Who is the #11 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:47 pm

Went Hunter here, but still not sure how I feel about him over the other guys - pretty close IMO :-?
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby m16a » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:36 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Went Hunter here, but still not sure how I feel about him over the other guys - pretty close IMO :-?

I think the difference in my mind between Hunter and Helu is the impact they are gonna make off the bat. Hunter is gonna have very minimal value this season, probably next season also, and maybe even the one after that. He'll be a spell back, third down guy, and a second RB to Gore until Gore either gets traded/leaves, gets injured, or declines enough to have him in.

Helu will most likely compete right off the bat for a starting job, and probably has a good chance at landing it as well. Shanny loves them mid round backs. He'll probably be an RB3/4 type if he wins a starting job and be helpful in depth, bye week fill in, and trade fodder etc.

I'd go Helu if I was in a position to be more competitive, Hunter in a position where I was still in a season, to two plus seasons of rebuilding mode.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby LMack » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:16 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
LMack wrote:While the impact that he might have in 2011 is limited, I'd select Kendall Hunter here. The 49ers selecting him in this years draft seems like a lack of confidence in Anthony Dixon. If Hunter becomes the back of the 49ers future, there could be a lot of value there. Kendall Hunter is a solid pass catcher, and scouts were particularly impressed with his ability to pass block. The pass catching and blocking should be able to keep him in on 3rd down. Hunter is a back of smaller stature, but that doesn't necessarily mean he can't be a featured back. He had workloads of increasing size in his college career. Maurice Jones-Drew seems to be a common comparison due to the short height (both backs are listed as 5'7") MJD and Hunter both can catch passes out of the backfield and block, but Hunter doesn't quite have Jones' speed.

Hunter's 2011 situation isn't terrific but it could change rapidly. He has a chance to assume Gore's role and has decent physical tools to handle that job.

I don't know if Kendall has the tree trunk legs that MJD has though.

Yeah, the MJD/Hunter comparison can only go so far. MJD has to be one of the hardest running backs in the entire NFL to tackle. Just because Kendall Hunter is 5'7" doesn't mean that he will come with that same skill. I am guilty of not watching too too much college football, so the most I've seen of Hunter (besides the senior bowl) are youtube highlights. Hunter can't quite move piles like MJD can, I don't think anyone in the league can. Hunter likes to bounce it outside and is pretty shifty in the open field. The scouting reports say he runs low to the ground, similar to our good friend MJD but until I see it done at the pro-level, I'm not willing to to put him on the level. Should he develop that skillset though, I feel even better about taking him over Helu.

m16a wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Went Hunter here, but still not sure how I feel about him over the other guys - pretty close IMO :-?

I think the difference in my mind between Hunter and Helu is the impact they are gonna make off the bat. Hunter is gonna have very minimal value this season, probably next season also, and maybe even the one after that. He'll be a spell back, third down guy, and a second RB to Gore until Gore either gets traded/leaves, gets injured, or declines enough to have him in.

Helu will most likely compete right off the bat for a starting job, and probably has a good chance at landing it as well. Shanny loves them mid round backs. He'll probably be an RB3/4 type if he wins a starting job and be helpful in depth, bye week fill in, and trade fodder etc.

I'd go Helu if I was in a position to be more competitive, Hunter in a position where I was still in a season, to two plus seasons of rebuilding mode.

I agree completely here. The chance that Hunter outperforms Helu this year is slim IMO, but being the heir apparent to the Gore throne in San Francisco is not a bad situation to be in (although Hunter isn't necessarily guaranteed that spot.) Gore will be 28 for this season, and this list http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/2011/ ... gbacks.cfm makes me that his days as a featured back might be numbered. Of the RBs on that list, Fred Jackson and Michael Turner are the only true RB1s for their team this year.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Previous

Return to Football Talk