12 Team 2QB Custom League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

12 Team 2QB Custom League

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 Team 2QB Custom League

Postby jbuc10951 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:06 am

I recently Joined a couple of 12 team 2QB private leagues. On the first one, I waited a little too long to get my QBs and had to get mid to lower tier starting QB and no back up QB. In the second draft I wanted to get my QBs right up front before they were gone. I drafted Aaron Rogers with the second pick in the first round. With my second round pick, all top RBs were taken and I chose Matt Ryan. I then realized Rogers and Ryan had the same bye weeks. So with my third pick I chose Matt Shaub thinking I would trade Matt Ryan later. Well as soon as I picked Shaub, the commish called me a QB hog and another manager said I was wasting my picks. I told them that I might trade Matt Ryan, but now I'm not sure that I want to trade any of my QBs. My question is...To be fair, should I trade Matt Ryan? Is it in my best interest (fair or not)to trade Matt Ryan? This is a PPR league and I ended up getting Jahvid Best and Knowshon Moreno as my RBs.

I want to do whats best for me and I want to do what's right and fair. What do you guys think?

QB Aaron Rodgers
WR Wes Welker
WR Mario Manningham
WR Johnny Knox
RB Jahvid Best
RB Knowshon Moreno
TE Dallas Clark
W/R/T Marcedes Lewis
Q/W/R/T Matt Ryan

BN Matt Schaub
BN Derrick Mason
BN Nate Burleson
BN DeMarco Murray
BN Jermaine Gresham

Passing Yards 25 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns 6
Interceptions -2
Rushing Yards 10 yards per point
Rushing Touchdowns 6
Receptions 1
Reception Yards 10 yards per point
Reception Touchdowns 6
Return Touchdowns 6
2-Point Conversions 2
Fumbles Lost -2
Offensive Fumble Return TD 6
40+ Yard Passing Touchdowns 4
40+ Yard Rushing Touchdowns 4
40+ Yard Reception Touchdowns 4
jbuc10951
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 Team 2QB Custom League

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:29 am

Yes you should. Ryan will carry alot of value in a 2 qb league. Just make sure you get fair value in return.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby bungle613 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:44 pm

The last 2 guys I saw hoard QB's went 0-13 and 1-12. Make a deal but get fair value and you need to try and get a RB but the other 11 owners kind of have you over a barrel. They do not have to trade with you and they can essentially force you to sit on 1 of your top 3 picks as a non starter.

That is what we did to the other 2 guys who went QB/QB in a single QB league.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mattb47 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:31 am

Agreed, try to deal him but don't be surprised if you find yourself unable to really get great value for him. 2 QB leagues are a bit more tricky as far as "value" goes because it throws a lot of the rules out the window from normal drafts. QBs are generally much less valuable overall in normal drafts because in a 12 team league everyone can have a starter and backup and have 8 QBs to spare who aren't even on anyone's team. In a 2 QB league, QBs now become similarly valued to RBs if not slightly moreso because the supply of QBs is less than the need for QBs on everyone's team. It wasn't a bad strategy to look at QBs early, but even after drafting 2 starters with the same bye week I probably wouldn't have drafted a 3rd in the 3rd round...it's never a good strategy to bank on your ability to make a big deal with a high draft pick.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TexasBornCowboysFan » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:09 am

3 QBs in a 2QB league isn't excessive. Somebody will want to trade with you, let them come to you. Get a decent player plus a draft pick if you can. The other guys were upset because you were throwing off their draft strategy ;-D Your RBs do look a little weak to me, I'm not sold on Best or Moreno. Don't worry and work the waiver wire. If you don't get any decent trade offers don't trade.
TexasBornCowboysFan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:24 am

bungle613 wrote:The last 2 guys I saw hoard QB's went 0-13 and 1-12. Make a deal but get fair value and you need to try and get a RB but the other 11 owners kind of have you over a barrel. They do not have to trade with you and they can essentially force you to sit on 1 of your top 3 picks as a non starter.

That is what we did to the other 2 guys who went QB/QB in a single QB league.

Yeah, I agree with this thinking. Pretty easy for a group to realize what's up and force you into a bench-until-you-drop or ride-it-out-and-suck all season long ...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Indibuck » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:41 am

I would be willing to part with any of the three QBs, depending on who can get me the most value... i.e. if you can trade Rodgers for a premium RB or WR and a lesser QB, I would do that.

I agree with the others... you are likely going to have to "pay the piper" due to panicking with your Schaub pick... I know hindsight is 20/20, but you should have passed on Schaub and gone BPA (non-QB), even if it means conceding defeat for the Ryan/Rodgers bye week, as it would mean having a much stronger squad for the other 15 weeks.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:34 am

If this is a dynasty league, it is completely legitimate to horde the position with the best longevity and harshest learning curve, and then fill-in other positions through the rookie draft or other moves. Commish would be a major crybaby to fault you for take BPA.

If it's redraft, you kinda goofed. I would definitely take a 3rd while other guys are still looking for their 2nd, but you did hurt your other positions. I'd ride it out. You'll get a better offer week 3 when a starting QB is hurt and the other guy is looking at starting Ponder or Kerry Collins. Or maybe you'll find one of your guys is hurt, and be glad you still have a top 15 QB for QB3.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions