D. Brees
T. Brady
Chris Johnson
A. Peterson
A. Foster
M. Turner
F. Gore
Andre Johnson

DO I KEEP JAMAAL CHARLES OR MIKE VICK????
alexgor56
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: KEEP CHARLES OR VICK????

Postby TruNinerFan » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:34 pm

Stud Rb trumps stud QB. Keep Charles

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby JimiRayThunderaxe » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:48 pm

If you score 6 points per passing TD, Vick, VIck and Vick a third time too.

If not, I suppose Charles if you have no other stud RB available. Even still, I think I would keep Vick and try to deal Charles for a draft pick or another stud RB. Charles is going to face a much tougher defensive schedule then then the swiss cheese he had last year and it sounds like Cassel is poised to jump the shark. Ungood.
JimiRayThunderaxe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 30)

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:49 pm

TruNinerFan wrote:Stud Rb trumps stud QB. Keep Charles

this ;-D
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 173)

Postby mattb47 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:25 am

Keep Charles and don't even consider doing otherwise...especially in a 10 team league you'll have plenty of good QBs to consider in the draft but Charles has huge potential and is less likely to miss half the season due to injury. To me, Vick has the feel of a guy people are going to take high 1 year too late where they take him with the assumption that he'll be able to replicate last season when it's a tough feat to do. Take Charles and don't look back. ;-D
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:26 am

Charles, and it's not even close IMO. If you keep Charles you might even get a crack at Vick if you want him and/or the "time's right", and either way by keeping Charles you have a legit top-8-10 guy who's much less likely to make you want to tear your hair out with injury concerns, etc. ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby m16a » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:52 am

WaCougMBS wrote:Charles, and it's not even close IMO. If you keep Charles you might even get a crack at Vick if you want him and/or the "time's right", and either way by keeping Charles you have a legit top-8-10 guy who's much less likely to make you want to tear your hair out with injury concerns, etc. ;-D

I echo coug's sentiment here. Strength through powerful RB is the way to go. Though Vick can put up some massive points, he's an injury risk because of his in your face style. I'd rather shore up my other positions first and get a lower end QB than maybe have some WR or RB questions and Vick. Keeping Charlers is the way to go. Good luck out there. ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby srlarson » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:55 am

I usually say RB.....but this case I will have to say Vick.....his running numbers seperate him from all other Qb's and I would keep him in all formats over Charles.....One Charles proposed schedule for weeks 11-15 UGLY.....and I just don't trust this guy or that team......

Good Luck!!
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby chapo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:50 pm

Keep Charles, hes the real deal and 2009 & 2010 was a statement of his talent, I think he is a similar RB as CJ, and this year he has the potential to rush close to 2000 yds (thomas jones will get 8-10 rushes). Vick on the other had the best season of his career (and that will be his best), i have Vick at number 6-7 in QB´s (i prefer guys with less risk and more of a passers as Rodger, Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers and i think Matty Ice and Romo in the end will be more productive).
chapo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby LMack » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:00 pm

Have to echo the Jamaal Charles message here. There are rumors that Todd Haley wants wants to expand JC's role even further. He is the most explosive running back in the NFL, and I expect some regression from Vick. As always, Vick has a chance to miss a few games with the hits he takes combined with his slender build. There is definitely risk there.

In a league where each owner can keep one player, the keepers are treated basically like the first round of the draft. I am in the camp of believers that would rather pair a first round running back with a later round quarterback than vice versa.

I haven't heard mention of it yet, but is this league PPR scoring or not? If this is PPR, that tilts it even further in favor of Jamaal Charles.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions