Yahoo commish question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Yahoo commish question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo commish question

Postby ThePrez » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:02 pm

I have a question about my Yahoo dynasty league and how to work around a issue.

Since we keep everyone each year, we only drop 3 at the start of the next season (which is now) for a mini draft. So the majority of the draft is offline.

Our problem is with the remaining players left over after the mini draft takes place. We would like to allow teams to manage their rosters etc which means the league has to be started. But if we start the league then all the free agents will clear waivers and just be FAs. We can lock teams from adding anyone but what is a fair way for teams to add those, now, free agents??

Is there any way to turn the FA pool back to waivers, after our mini draft, and then allow the leftover FAs to be added (based off waiver ranking)??

In the past we've tried picking a date/time for FAs to be added but it just doesn't work knowing that everyone can be logged in at that exact moment. If they can be switched back to waivers then everyone has a couple days to sort it out.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
ThePrez
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Yahoo commish question

Postby Venom » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:05 am

Its been a couple years since I have ran a league on Yahoo so perhaps my info is wrong, but can't you lock and unlock each team as you want?

You could use a manual waiver system and unlock the #1 priority team to allow one free agent add/drop and then unlock the #2 team and so on...until no one else wants to submit a claim. Then you edit waiver priority accordingly and its FCFS until the season starts.

Another way is also manual...where owners email you the claims in order of preference...then you use waiver priority to sort it out and manually adjust rosters. Once everyone is finished edit the priority for the start of the season and allow FCFS.

Couple ideas...hope they help ;-D
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner