Can keep 2 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Can keep 2

Moderator: Football Moderators

Can keep 2

Postby myke612 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:29 am

12 team 1/2pt ppr. Id have the 11th pick in 1st rd. Serpentine draft. Im already keeping Mcfadden bc he will only cost me a 15rd pick. I can keep 3 total so I need to pick 2 out of Roddy White, Michael Turner, Frank Gore. Gore would cost me a 1st rd pick, Turner a 2nd and white a 3rd. Which 2 should i keep? TIA
myke612
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Can keep 2

Postby TruNinerFan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:33 am

I would keep Roddy and Turner. I have Turner and Gore ranked close, but I choose Turner because it will cost you a 2nd round pick instead of a first.

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby m16a » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:02 am

TruNinerFan wrote:I would keep Roddy and Turner. I have Turner and Gore ranked close, but I choose Turner because it will cost you a 2nd round pick instead of a first.

I agree with TNF here. Gore isn't much higher than Turner, and being able to keep Turner + an Elite WR is a great thing. You might even be able to snag a high end RB2 or low end RB1 with that first rounder. You don't lose much downgrading from Gore to Turner, but you gain a lot by being able to keep the first rounder instead of the second rounder. Sounds like a no brainer to me. Good luck out there. ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:31 pm

TruNinerFan wrote:I would keep Roddy and Turner. I have Turner and Gore ranked close, but I choose Turner because it will cost you a 2nd round pick instead of a first.

Agreed with the picks and the reasoning of TNF here. Roddy is a no-brainer for a 3rd-rounder. Getting that bonus round and considering things like it's .5PPR instead of a full point, I think it's worth keeping Turner instead of Gore at "RB2" ...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby k_dubya » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:46 pm

Turner and White

viewtopic.php?t=490503
10 team 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF
P Manning, RG3
A Foster, CJ Spiller, B Tate, Le'Veon Bell,
D Thomas, J Nelson, M Wallace, DeAndre Hopkins, Vincent Brown, Marlon Brown
J Thomas, M Bennett
Prater
Ravens
k_dubya
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:49 pm

Turner and White also here for the reasons stated above. Gore taking a first depletes his overall value as a keeper. He might still go there but probably at the end with last years numbers
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Indibuck » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:53 pm

Another vote for White and Turner... best value on the board.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:02 pm

I disagree. I'd rather have Gore at 11 than Turner at 14 in a PPR. I think Turner is the rb most likely to get old quick this season. Give me Gore's receptions

Help me if you can
viewtopic.php?t=490500
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby Venom » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:48 am

This is an easy one for a guy who has little faith in Gore and drafted Hunter in a dynasty way too high :-b

Fact of the matter is Gore vs Turner is a matter of inches...but you are getting a better pick by going with the player who isn't coming off of a season ending injury.

Roddy and Burner ;-D
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby myke612 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:46 am

I was going also say that the picks now dont really matter. If I keep gore , Id have the 14th pick. If I kept turner , id have the 11th pick. The guy with the 12/13th picks will lose them due to him keeping his 1/2 rd players from last yr so esentially the 11th and 14th pick will be the same pick.
myke612
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions