Adding a player slot to the SL - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Horse Traders

Adding a player slot to the SL

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

adding a player slot to the SL

Poll ended at Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:51 am

R/W
No votes
W/T
33%
R/W/T
67%

Total votes : 12

Re: Adding a player slot to the SL

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:25 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:
Instinctive wrote:
Why did you want just a W/T slot? We already start 4 total W/T to 2 RB and we have PPR lol

Because I think RBs aren't as important in the NFL as they once and so there's just a bunch of decent guys with limitations either in future potential (FJax, Tolbert) or near-term production (Spiller). Having the potential to start 3 RBs will tilt positional value too much to RBs, given the NFL's direction. WRs and move TEs (Hernandez) are where the higher-quality production will be, and even swiss-knife TEs like Pettigrew will have value- these facts will be overwhelmed by the perceived value of young pass-catching backs (this is a PPR) with significant limitations like Felix Jones.

If that's true won't most people just end up starting a WR or TE anyway? I just like that it gives a team options in case of injuries or bye weeks. I don't think anyone would want to start 3 RB's over a more productive WR or TE. I just think it helps the teams who are deep at RB and WR also, and doesn't change up too much how someone wants to draft.

Some people still cling to the RB is good principle from long ago in FF. Hence, "perceived value of young pass-catching backs". Wouldn't surprise me if it takes some time for ppl to realize RBs aren't where it's at, flex-wise.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Adding a player slot to the SL

Postby Instinctive » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:49 pm

If it takes you guys extra time to realize one position isn't as good as another in a spot...I'm 100% ok with that.

;)
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Previous