Took over Dynasty IDP PPR team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Took over Dynasty IDP PPR team

Moderator: Football Moderators

Took over Dynasty IDP PPR team

Postby The305MiamiCanes » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:43 pm

QB-Matt Cassel, John Skelton
WR-Boldin, Lee Evans, Ochocinco, Golden Tate, Ted Ginn, Devery Henderson, Louis Murphy
RB-Turner, LT, Sproles
TE-Gonzalez, Fasano
K-Bironas
DEF-New England
IDP-Ray Lewis, A.J. Hawk, Finnegan, Brooking, Jammer

What moves would you try and make? I know I definitely need to upgrade my QB and I have a ton of WR so who should I package together to improve
The305MiamiCanes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Took over Dynasty IDP PPR team

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:56 pm

How many teams in the league? Do you get to keep players forever with no penalty, etc.?

Looks like a typical abandoned dynasty team - run into the ground by old age and lack of (overly expected) production. Two initial observations: You have to, A) get WAY younger, and B) get used to losing for a while and be fine with that...

You don't have a lot of desirable entities, but I would start by trying to deal guys like Boldin, Gonzo and Ray Lewis while they still have a bit left in the tank and their name recognition will get you the best possible value. Turner is even on the block for the right price, as I don't know if he'll be worth much by the time you'd "need" him ...

You are going to need to rebuild through the draft for the next couple of years, so I'd try to stockpile some current and future draft picks. The other way you can improve is through FA down the road, but for now all you have is the rookie draft and trades - If I were (more likely) you I'd get on board with a plan where you're basically punting this year to get better down the road and then move to a place where you make the playoffs in 2012 (if you're lucky) or 2013, and then through smart management and the requisite level of luck it takes to win a league, you could be a real contender in between 1-3 years. If you try to win now with that group, you'll probably either flounder for 2 years and MAYBE snatch the 6th playoff spot with a great deal of luck, or you'll just run the team all the way into the ground and quit like the last guy, and nobody wants that ;-)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The305MiamiCanes » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:11 pm

its a 14 team league, I have the 3rd pick in this years rookie draft and we keep every player each year. If you pick a rookie you have to drop a player on your roster but that is just about it as far as penalties go. Im in trade talks with an owner to recieve Peyton/Clark/Clay for Cassel/Boldin/Gonzalez. Its not official but its something like that. If you had to name a top 5 players I should look to move, who would they be?
The305MiamiCanes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:19 pm

The305MiamiCanes wrote:its a 14 team league, I have the 3rd pick in this years rookie draft and we keep every player each year. If you pick a rookie you have to drop a player on your roster but that is just about it as far as penalties go. Im in trade talks with an owner to recieve Peyton/Clark/Clay for Cassel/Boldin/Gonzalez. Its not official but its something like that. If you had to name a top 5 players I should look to move, who would they be?

Top 5 to move I would say are the guys with the most value at this ponit. That deal you outlined, if it's for Peyton Manning, Dallas Clark and Clay Matthews, as you'd be getting a QB with a decent amount of gas left in the tank, a big upgrade at TE and a highly useful IDP guy for a lesser QB, erratic WR and a TE in the twilight of his (awesome) career.

I'd say the top 5 guys you could/should move are:

1. Boldin
  2. Gonzalez
  3. Lewis
  4. Ochocinco
  5. Turner
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The305MiamiCanes » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:55 pm

He's talking about doing Peyton for Turner, Im hesitant because that would leave me thin at RB. Thoughts?
The305MiamiCanes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:05 pm

The305MiamiCanes wrote:He's talking about doing Peyton for Turner, Im hesitant because that would leave me thin at RB. Thoughts?

Remember, you're building for the future, not right now - even if that means you end up with Sproles, Helu and some guy we've never heard of for this year. That said, I don't think Peyton for Turner does much for you - it's kind of getting an equal trade chip for fair value, and if push came to shove I think I'd rather try to move a hot-starting Turner for above market value than hope Peyton is still healthy and elite enough to do the same ...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Postby The305MiamiCanes » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:15 pm

I guess its just going to take a little bit to get use to the fact that I need to plan for the future instead of winning now. I'll shop my guys around and see what I can get.
The305MiamiCanes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:18 pm

The305MiamiCanes wrote:I guess its just going to take a little bit to get use to the fact that I need to plan for the future instead of winning now. I'll shop my guys around and see what I can get.

Yeah, it takes a while for sure - just never forget that and keep it as your primary (or possibly only) objective when you take over a new dynasty team that's in ruins like this ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Postby The305MiamiCanes » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Should I go for a QB or WR in the rookie draft? QB's would be Cam/Ponder and WR would be Julio/Green
The305MiamiCanes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The305MiamiCanes » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:45 pm

I was offered peyton manning/dallas clark/clay mathews for turner/boldin
The305MiamiCanes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next