Quick advice about a trade. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Quick advice about a trade.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Quick advice about a trade.

Postby cutiepie80 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:46 am

I am keeping Vick/Peterson/C Johnson

He is keeping Rodgers/Mendenhall/Deshaw Jax

I really want Rodgers. I am going to try to do Vick for Rodgers straight up. If that doesn;t work I am going to trade picks, give him my 4th and I'll take his 5th.

If worst comes to worse, should I package Peterson and Vick for Rodgers and Mendenhall?

Thanks, I'll reply to yoursm, leave link!
cutiepie80
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Quick advice about a trade.

Postby Indibuck » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:54 am

cutiepie80 wrote:I am keeping Vick/Peterson/C Johnson

He is keeping Rodgers/Mendenhall/Deshaw Jax

I really want Rodgers. I am going to try to do Vick for Rodgers straight up. If that doesn;t work I am going to trade picks, give him my 4th and I'll take his 5th.

If worst comes to worse, should I package Peterson and Vick for Rodgers and Mendenhall?

Thanks, I'll reply to yoursm, leave link!

I would rather have Peterson/Vick than Rodgers/Mendy... but if you like Rodgers that much more, and can't work out one of the first two scenarios you listed, it's not a bad trade. Good luck. ;-D
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 173)

Postby m16a » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:03 am

If he takes Vick for Rodgers straight up, I'd go for it. Rodgers is younger and a much better keeper option in an explosive offense with tons of tools around him. Vick will put up some monster numbers, but only for another 2-3 years or so methinks. Rodgers should be good for at LEAST 4+ more. I'd also try the Vick and draft picks idea as well if he doesn't bite on the straight up offer, but maybe try offering Vick + 4th Rounder for Rodgers. That could make it more enticing for him. As for the Peterson/Vick for Rodgers/Mendy deal, I don't think that is worthwhile. You'd be gaining a bit of an upgrade from Vick to Rodgers, but losing a lot from ADP to Mendy. Mendy is good and consistent, but he's not the stud ADP is. If you are THAT infatuated with having Rodgers, it might not be that bad because you still have CJ, but that isn't the best idea. Hang tight if the other two offers fall through and be cool with a pretty nasty 1-2-3 of Vick, Peterson, and CJ. I'd be afraid to have to face that on Sunday.

Just for reference, in my ppr dynasty, here are the points scored by the four guys in question so you can visually see the drop off and small gain of the trade:

ADP: 257.9
Mendy: 229.6
Difference: 28.3

Rodgers: 360.48
Vick: 350.32
Difference: 10.16

Anyway you slice it, good luck out there. ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:06 am

I would trade Rodgers for Vick in a 3 keeper, so you might luck out.

I wouldn't trade him Peterson no matter what. Don't force trading now just because it's boring offseason. You can still trade after the draft. At that point Vick + a potential keeper stud like Ingram or AJ Green for Rodgers might be a really tempting offer.

If he doesn't take it straight up, put it in the back of your mind, and offer him something a day or two after the draft.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:08 am

m16a wrote:Rodgers: 360.48

PPG, Vick is 5 points higher. This is an outstanding difference and what you should be selling the guy on. 5 PPG in one position over the next best stud player is what wins you things. He's also 7 or 8 PPG over other stud QBs like Rivers.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby m16a » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:11 am

thriftyrocker wrote:

PPG, Vick is 5 points higher. This is an outstanding difference and what you should be selling the guy on. 5 PPG in one position over the next best stud player is what wins you things. He's also 7 or 8 PPG over other stud QBs like Rivers.

In that league, for reference (since you're right thrifty, his ppg is a great selling point)

Vick: 29.2 ppg
Rodgers: 24 ppg
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:26 am

m16a wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:

In that league, for reference (since you're right thrifty, his ppg is a great selling point)

Vick: 29.2 ppg
Rodgers: 24 ppg

Almost a TD (or more than one depending on your format) per game is quite a selling point indeed. Plus, PPG almost always a better idea than total points (unless of course that helps you sell the deal, then do what you have to do) ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Indibuck » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:20 pm

PPG is indeed a good selling point, but it doesn't give the macro view of an entire season, nor of the higher propensity for Vick to miss games due to his style of play.

Vick = high risk, high reward. And you have to grab a backup QB a little quicker than you normally might unless you want a dramatic dropoff if/when Vick misses time.

Again, if you like to gamble, Vick is certainly your guy... and like Thrifty said, there are people like him out there that would indeed roll with Vick over Rodgers.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 173)

Postby k_dubya » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:09 pm

I would try the straight up deal. Mendy is almost always on again off again so i cant condone the 4 player trade, as AD is a point machine. Vick definitely averages more but you have to expect him to miss games due to his reckless style. I am trying to trade for Rodgers right now as well, LOVE 'EM.

viewtopic.php?t=490503
10 team 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF
P Manning, RG3
A Foster, CJ Spiller, B Tate, Le'Veon Bell,
D Thomas, J Nelson, M Wallace, DeAndre Hopkins, Vincent Brown, Marlon Brown
J Thomas, M Bennett
Prater
Ravens
k_dubya
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)

Postby LMack » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:28 pm

If worse comes to worse and you can't do a straight swap, I would wait until after the draft to try to make a move. Does this move need to be done before the draft? The Peterson to Mendenhall downgrade is simply too much. The best bet in my mind would be to try to target someone you know your fellow owner wants in the draft (handcuffing a runningback he selects early, going after his breakout WR pick etc.) and throw that player in. If you can use that chip to make the quarterback swap, I would.

If the cost to change quarterbacks is greater than a small throw in, then it is better off to just stay with Vick.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions