Huge PPR Dynasty Trade WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Huge PPR Dynasty Trade WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

Huge PPR Dynasty Trade WHIR 100%

Postby djadrock » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:09 pm

I am in a dynasty PPR league and I am in need of another running back. I have ADP and that is about it.

The other guy has Greene, MJD, Charles, and Mendenhall.

He needs a WR and expressed interest in Wallace, VJax, and Bowe.

What trade do you think is the most realistic?

100% WHIR
djadrock
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Huge PPR Dynasty Trade WHIR 100%

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:17 pm

Not knowing your roster settings makes it tougher, but I assume Mendenhall is a flex starter, so will be easier to grab from him. I think I'd offer Bowe for him and see what happens.

help me if you can
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=490500
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby Indibuck » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:22 pm

Agreed, tough to tell exactly what may be best without seeing either roster... but I would ask the other owner to make an offer and work from there. You may be pleasantly surprised by what he offers.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby djadrock » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:22 pm

My Roster:

Tebow, EManning, Schaub, Kolb
ADP, FJones, Benson, RBrown, Best, Hightower, Torain
Bowe, VJax, Wallace, Boldin, SJohnson, Floyd
Gates
Hartley
ATL Def

The guy I am trading with is stacked everywhere except WR.
djadrock
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 7)

Postby LMack » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:29 pm

murphysxm wrote:Not knowing your roster settings makes it tougher, but I assume Mendenhall is a flex starter, so will be easier to grab from him. I think I'd offer Bowe for him and see what happens.

help me if you can
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=490500

I agree. I'd throw out a Bowe offer, as I expect his touchdown totals to come down a little bit. I'd take Mendenhall or anyone above, but would not move Bowe for Greene. You should check out how that owner feels about MJD's injury status; he could be a potential buy from a nervous owner. That comes with its own risk, however. I'm guessing Charles is going to be near impossible to get, so I figure he's off the table.

As an answer to your question, a Bowe for Mendenhall trade is the most realistic, but if you offered VJax or Wallace (plus possibly a minor throw in) and could get him to verbally commit to moving MJD, that is something I would think hard about.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:29 pm

I would ask for Charles and fall back to Mendenhall instead of coming in asking for Mendenhall. Really big difference there IMO, and you never know what he'll take. PPR any of the WRs should be worth more than Mendenhall IMO.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:53 pm

I would absolutely shoot for Charles first of all, and I wouldn't sweeten the deal too much at first - if you shoot low in trades, especially ones like this, the other guy will pounce on you and try to give you even less than your initial offer - I agree with thrifty that there's a pretty huge deficit between Charles and Mendy in a PPR, so shoot for the stars and then go from there ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby m16a » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:55 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:I would ask for Charles and fall back to Mendenhall instead of coming in asking for Mendenhall. Really big difference there IMO, and you never know what he'll take. PPR any of the WRs should be worth more than Mendenhall IMO.

Definitely agree with thrifty here. Start high, and see if you can work a deal from there. Fall back to Mendy if you can't. Besides, Mendy ain't a bad option, very consistent and young on a ball control offense. Good combo for an RB2. I'd personally try and trade Bowe before you try Wallace or those other guys. Something about Bowe never seemed that great to me.

LMack wrote:
I agree. I'd throw out a Bowe offer, as I expect his touchdown totals to come down a little bit. I'd take Mendenhall or anyone above, but would not move Bowe for Greene. You should check out how that owner feels about MJD's injury status; he could be a potential buy from a nervous owner. That comes with its own risk, however. I'm guessing Charles is going to be near impossible to get, so I figure he's off the table.

As an answer to your question, a Bowe for Mendenhall trade is the most realistic, but if you offered VJax or Wallace (plus possibly a minor throw in) and could get him to verbally commit to moving MJD, that is something I would think hard about.

LMack has some good points here. There's another thread going on about MJD here and discussing his value, and I was mentioning how I still think he's got plenty of gas in the tank, with the ability to be a top 5 guy again. I do like him a lot in PPR. Like LMack said, your best bet is probably Bowe for Mendy, but also get some talks going for Charles in an attempt to get him to jump on that and bounce some ideas around to see how he values MJD. Good luck out there. ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby k_dubya » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:31 pm

Mendy is very frustrating to own, I should know I have had him for 2 years now. I would try for Charles, then MJD, then Mendy. I keep wallace, sJohnson what other receivers do pit and Bills have? You should dangle Vjax first then Bowe, as Cassel seems to love him, Lowball first then slowly increase.

viewtopic.php?t=490503
10 team 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF
P Manning, RG3
A Foster, CJ Spiller, B Tate, Le'Veon Bell,
D Thomas, J Nelson, M Wallace, DeAndre Hopkins, Vincent Brown, Marlon Brown
J Thomas, M Bennett
Prater
Ravens
k_dubya
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)