Keeper question if we ever have a season, WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper question if we ever have a season, WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper question if we ever have a season, WHIR

Postby k_dubya » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:19 pm

I can and will keep 6 Non PPR, bigger the play the more bonus pts you get.
Foster, Mendy, Blount, Stewart, White, Clark is what I am thinking just because TE are HUGE in my league. I kinda want to keep Reggie Wayne but am having a hard time deciding who to drop for him. I guess it would be between Mendy, Blount and JStew but think both of the latter 2 will blow up and I can ravage someone in a trade.

Thoughts, is keeping 4 RB too much? Would anyone keep Cutler over any of them?

Post link for WHIR.
Last edited by k_dubya on Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
10 team 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF
P Manning, RG3
A Foster, CJ Spiller, B Tate, Le'Veon Bell,
D Thomas, J Nelson, M Wallace, DeAndre Hopkins, Vincent Brown, Marlon Brown
J Thomas, M Bennett
Prater
Ravens
k_dubya
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper question if we ever have a season, WHIR

Postby djadrock » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:44 pm

As long as it isn't PPR RBs are strong but I would keep Wayne over probably Blount or Stewart. If you look at Wayne's numbers they are comparable to a RB. He is good for 1200 and 8 TDs where Blount and Stewart could blow up but who knows. If you can wait on Free Agency I would. Blount is who I would drop unless DWilliams resigns with CAR.

Thanks for the help!
djadrock
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Indibuck » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:27 pm

I would keep:
Foster
Mendy
Stewart
White
Wayne
Clark

It sucks to have to give either Blount or Wayne back, but since you start 2 RBs 3WRs no flex, I think keeping Wayne gives you the strongest core of players possible going into your draft. A nice "side effect" is that you can take BPA (best player available) when its your turn to draft... you won't feel the need to reach for a WR when there's better value at RB or QB.

edit: since you are awarded bonuses for big plays, Wayne is more likely to produce those than Blount IMHO... making this an easier decision in my eyes.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:17 pm

I can't see keeping a bench player over Reggie Wayne. I would throw Blount back because I think last year was his peak and JStew has so much potential.

Thanks for your help on mine
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby LMack » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:21 pm

Foster, Mendenhall, and White are all solid keepers.

With your roster settings, you should keep Wayne. Keeping four backs (one of whom you have to bench) and throwing back a wide out like Reggie Wayne is not a good idea.

As far as the running back to let go, I agree it has to be Blount. It would be between Blount and Johnathan Stewart. When do you have to have your keepers set by? When the new CBA is done and the free agent chaos begins, it could affect JStew significantly. All signs point to DeAngelo Williams leaving Carolina, which would be great of Stewart. A featured Johnathan Stewart could be a very productive one.

I'm not really sure what you mean about TE's being huge in your league, but I'll take your word for it. Clark is a keeper.

Foster, Mendenhall, White, Wayne, Stewart, Clark.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby Conrax » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:46 pm

If you have no flex position then you are better just keeping 3 RBs. Which would leave you with Foster, Mendy, White, Clark, Wayne and the toss being between Blount and Stewart.

Right now since Free Agency hasn't started/taken place it kinda hard to tell what will happen, but if rumors are true then D. Williams will go elsewhere leaving Stewart as primary back with Goodson being the backup and Blount being primary back with who knows as that back (because C. Williams is a FA). And I would rather have Stewart over Blount, but again it comes down to what happens in Free Agency.

Help with mine:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=490516
Conrax
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Venom » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:20 pm

Indibuck wrote:Foster
Mendy
Stewart
White
Wayne
Clark

I agree with this. I am in favor of keeping starters before bench players unless the bench player is too valuable to give up...in your case he isn't.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby TexasBornCowboysFan » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:14 pm

I agree with everybody no reason to keep 4 RBs. However I would keep Blount. I like TBs team situation better than Carolina's.
TexasBornCowboysFan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:56 am

Foster
Mendy
Blount
White
Wayne
Clark

Keep these. Blount is the unquestioned starter in T. Bay and play it safe with 3 stud RBs 2 stud WR and #1 or #2 best TE in the game to keep with.

Your first pick I'd take any top QB that's available or if ANOTHER stud WR falls down. That's a great set of keepers. 3 safe solid RBs for depth 2 stud WR out of 3 and a top TE. I'd be happy with these keepers.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions