Dynasty trade w/vick and bradford - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Dynasty trade w/vick and bradford

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty trade w/vick and bradford

Postby The305MiamiCanes » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:07 am

I took over a team and im trying to rebuild it, old guys so im trying to go for younger guys and draft picks.
14 team H2H Basic scoring, PPR and 25 yard return scoring. 5 player IDP
I would send Vick and my 2012 1st round rookie pick for Bradford/Brandon Jackson and Gronkowski
I'm not 100% but im pretty sure i have another first round pick via trade so i would still have a first round pick in 2012.
He has garcon but its hard to get him to budge, he got interested when i offered LT and any WR except manningham. good deal?
Looking at the main trade now im not too sure but what are your thoughts??

My team
QB-Vick
WR-Manningham, Lee Evans, Ginn, Louis Murphy, Devery Henderson, Golden Tate, Nate Washington
RB-Sprolles, Torrain, LT
TE-Fasano
K-Bironas
DEF-Pats

D-ray lewis, brooking, finnegan, gunnar, terrel thomas, aj hawk
The305MiamiCanes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynasty trade w/vick and bradford

Postby Venom » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:37 am

First and foremost you need to find out if you have another 1st round pick? That would be my main objective in your situation.

As for the trade you should not be sending any picks away, especially not first rounders. You are in rebuild mode, from the sound of your post. I'd rework this deal and offer Vick for Bradford and other young talent, or high picks.

DO NOT TRADE AWAY YOUR 2012 1st round pick. If you have two, keep both. Trust me. Unless you get a steal of a deal you want to keep those picks, they are the bread and butter of rebuilding.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:06 am

No chance I'd deal Vick for Bradford and those guys, and I would not be giving up ANY future picks either - I've said this before in your other posts (BTW, this is probably about enough on the new threads for basically the same situation, ok?), but it still seems like you're trying to frantically build a team that can win now, and while you've gotten a few nice pieces in Vick and Manningham, you've also lost a high 2011 rookie draft pick and some more solid/stable sell-high type guys in Turner, etc.

That said, I will reiterate what Venom said and what I and others have said before - your team simply can't compete realistically in 2011 or probably 2012, and in taking over a gutted dynasty team with lots of old guys and no value you have to be at peace with that - heck, you knowingly took over a lemon, right? And lemons aren't bad things in cases like this, it just takes time. Time to stockpile draft picks and time to make savvy WW/FA pickups that are always aiming to give your team injection of youth and upside for the future years where you'll be a bonafide contender.

BTW, not trying to be harsh or anything - it just seems like you're asking for our advice all over the place and not really listening that much, all while getting caught up in the rush of wheeling and dealing (we all love the feeling, believe me, but rebuilding dynasty teams is all about patience and making the right moves and not just the first ones that present themselves - remember, quality over quantity!) ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Indibuck » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:28 am

WaCougMBS wrote:No chance I'd deal Vick for Bradford and those guys, and I would not be giving up ANY future picks either - I've said this before in your other posts (BTW, this is probably about enough on the new threads for basically the same situation, ok?), but it still seems like you're trying to frantically build a team that can win now, and while you've gotten a few nice pieces in Vick and Manningham, you've also lost a high 2011 rookie draft pick and some more solid/stable sell-high type guys in Turner, etc.

That said, I will reiterate what Venom said and what I and others have said before - your team simply can't compete realistically in 2011 or probably 2012, and in taking over a gutted dynasty team with lots of old guys and no value you have to be at peace with that - heck, you knowingly took over a lemon, right? And lemons aren't bad things in cases like this, it just takes time. Time to stockpile draft picks and time to make savvy WW/FA pickups that are always aiming to give your team injection of youth and upside for the future years where you'll be a bonafide contender.

BTW, not trying to be harsh or anything - it just seems like you're asking for our advice all over the place and not really listening that much, all while getting caught up in the rush of wheeling and dealing (we all love the feeling, believe me, but rebuilding dynasty teams is all about patience and making the right moves and not just the first ones that present themselves - remember, quality over quantity!) ;-D

+1 to all of this... be patient and don't trade away picks in your rebuild. It's a terrible deal for you anyways... I have no issues with trading Vick (in fact I would probably recommend it with your roster) but you need some young talent and/or picks for him -- a lot more than Bradford and Gronkowski.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby The305MiamiCanes » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:18 am

Alright, you guys are right. Its just hard to try and get the concept down. In my head I feel like I'd rather get young players already in the league compared to draft picks. One guy in the league has 3 first round picks this year but he's in the same boat as I, rebuilding as well but I'll try and pull a couple from him if I can. He has Kolb so do you think Kolb ends up doing pretty good and is worth a trade? I would do Kolb/2011 1.04 for Vick. Also, in this years draft I want TE Rudolph and QB Locker. Where do you see them going?
The305MiamiCanes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The305MiamiCanes » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:03 am

Also, how many/which pick(s) do you think Vick is worth?
The305MiamiCanes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby thriftyrocker » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:58 am

Vick is worth 2 top 5 picks to a contender. He's worth the farm. With all the cows and chickens included. The whole farm.

Given your team is garbage outside of Vick, I'd counter with Vick + Torain (or any RB/WR/TE other than Manningham) for Bradford + Gronk + something else like a 2nd. Bradford/Gronk is a pretty good cornerstone I think and mitigates some risk in Vick. It also removes any wins you might accidently get from Vick going 59 points against WAS again (strategy is to lose in 2011 to secure a high pick in 2012, unless you traded it away already).

Locker goes mid 3rd in 12 team leagues (about pick #31 or 32). Maybe slightly higher in 14 if QB is more of a premium.

Rudolph usually late 2nd/early 3rd. Did see him go very early in one draft, but that was an anomaly. Muuuch rather have Gronk that Rudolph. Gronk has top 5 upside. Rudolph doesn't.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby The305MiamiCanes » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:37 pm

Would you rather trade vick/LT/WR besides Manningham for bradford/gronk/pick or vick for 2011 picks 1.02 and 2.02?
Both trades are possible and I'm in talks with 2 people right now.
The305MiamiCanes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby thriftyrocker » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:28 pm

That's a tough one. Your team is such a rebuild, I think I'd go for Bradford/Gronk if the extra pick was decent. Gronk is only 22. Bradford will be a starter for maybe 12 or 13 more years. If the extra pick there is a decent one I think I'd favor Bradford. Other than Manningham, the stuff you're giving up is superfluous

If you can get an extra piece added to the 1.2/2.2 deal it might contend with the Bradford one.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:31 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:That's a tough one. Your team is such a rebuild, I think I'd go for Bradford/Gronk if the extra pick was decent. Gronk is only 22. Bradford will be a starter for maybe 12 or 13 more years. If the extra pick there is a decent one I think I'd favor Bradford. Other than Manningham, the stuff you're giving up is superfluous

If you can get an extra piece added to the 1.2/2.2 deal it might contend with the Bradford one.

Think I'd rather have Bradford, Gronk and a future first-round pick than 1.2/2.2 and something else - if you can get that (Bradford, et al) price for Vick/LT/crappiest possible WR, I'd think that's a pretty decent move for you. Remember, get younger, get better and get picks ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions