Return to Horse Traders

2011 Draft

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

Re: Pre-Waiver Adds Rd 5

Postby Instinctive » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:52 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:
Instinctive wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:
Either way, but technically it's Kareighuis' pick.

No, his time passed. You making a late pick wouldn't reset the time.

Either we all passed, or you can pick again and kareig has one pick anytime and is otc as soon as you pick - you are OTC after all of us got skipped, you and I made up our skipped picks. That leaves kareig with a makeup and you otc.

It sounds like you're arguing for the draft to be over.

It has to be one or the other. Based on the rules we set out...either we can make up a pick or we are all passed. I simply laid out the two scenarios.

I am arguing for neither scenario, except that one scenario must be true while the other then cannot be true.
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:06 pm

Instinctive wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:No PM. I guess I am long over time, but I'm going to pick anyway, and you can pry him out of my cold dead hands.

Lonyae Miller - RB, DAL

By the rules you actually should be passed and only Kareig and I can pick still. I only mention this because I wanted Miller next and so rules are rules :shrug: ;)

Not that i matters much, but I was going to take him but I never got a PM(not a big deal Thrifty). I don't know why were so dead set on "if your timer is up that is it for you!!!". It's only August 9th, I don't know what another week of this was going to do. I also don't think it should be a big stretch to anyone that I wanted Miller seeing as how I'm a huge Cowboy fan and have had every Cowboy RB since the league started in 2008.

But if were gonna make up a pick, don't see why I wouldn't get to. Understand the rule yea, but if someone forgets to send a PM in this situation it's easy to see why they shouldn't just be automatically skipped. Yes, I could have been checking the league site but I'm also working 50 hr weeks now and involved in 3-5 other ongoing drafts at the moment. Only so much I'm going to be on tabs about on my own.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:50 pm

The way I saw it is that if you ran out of time (24 hour clock) you passed automatically. Im not a big fan of this way of doing it anyway. I prefer weekly waivers beyond the draft. That way there is no worrying about missed pm's, People passing etc. If you miss a week no problem you can get in the next week.

As for the missed PM's I am not sure how to handle that. We all know in slow drafts this is crucial to the next person getting to make the pick. And the reason why Thrifty missed his is because no PM. Sounds like the same with LS2.

This has turned into such a mess I am not sure what to do. I definately think we either add rounds to the draft next year since this is basically what that is or just do the weekly waivers.

I guess because of the missed pm's Id have to side with continuing this pain in the arse with Thrifty and LS2 still in it. :-{
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:11 am

3+ Days passed between picks, whether or not anyone got a PM doesn't matter, it's not a rule to PM, you have a 24 hours clock, if you miss it than the next guy is on his 24 hours clock. 3 days passed, this draft needs to be over.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby The Lung » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:22 am

aaawall91 wrote:3+ Days passed between picks, whether or not anyone got a PM doesn't matter, it's not a rule to PM, you have a 24 hours clock, if you miss it than the next guy is on his 24 hours clock. 3 days passed, this draft needs to be over.

^ This.

I feel bad because I was the jackass who forgot to send a PM, and I am really sorry about that. :-/

But the next person in the draft should have been checking the thread. After 24 hours, the person following him should have posted that his timer expired. After another 24 hours, the person then following him should have posted that his timer expired. Nobody drafting said jack squat until 3 days later.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:29 am

I am fine either way but would prefer to respect the commish's decision (even if it's a re-decide based on the input above) instead of drawing this out even more with debate.

As long as I get to add a kicker before W1, I am fine.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:39 am

If we're respecting C4L's decision then hopefully either he or Kar can say "owner X is OTC starting now, followed by Y, Z, W". My interpretation is the current order is

4.w LS2 (missed because I didn't PM)
5.w LS2 (what would be OTC right now if we agree LS2 is still in the game)
6.x Kar
6.y Inst
6.z TR
6.w LS2
7.x Kar
7.y Inst
7.z TR
7.w LS2

So LS2 is OTC for 2 picks. I would assume no one should jump him.

Instinctive made a pick based on another quibble. I hid the pick to try and avoid controversy. Hopefully there is not too much debate over that. Either the pick stands and/or no one wants that player enough to argue.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Instinctive » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:46 am

I don't see how we just go back and pretend the clock didn't expire. Either it expired on us all, or it didn't.

Sounds like C4L is saying it didn't. In which case those skipped should be making up their picks whenever they can, and whoever should be otc now, is otc.
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby The Lung » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:51 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:I guess because of the missed pm's Id have to side with continuing this pain in the arse with Thrifty and LS2 still in it. :-{

I'm in 100% agreement that no matter what arguments are presented, it's the commissioner's call. And this here above is what he decreed. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Instinctive » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:53 am

The Lung wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:I guess because of the missed pm's Id have to side with continuing this pain in the arse with Thrifty and LS2 still in it. :-{

I'm in 100% agreement that no matter what arguments are presented, it's the commissioner's call. And this here above is what he decreed. ;-D

Me too - but we only have a half-decision here. We proceed with them...but does that mean we go all the way back to LS2's missed pick? If so, that voids my pick as well as Thrifty's pick.

If we are just making up the picks until we catch back up to where we should be, then both picks should stand.

How else could it be?
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

PreviousNext