2011 Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Horse Traders

2011 Draft

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

Re: Pre-Waiver Adds Rd 5

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:57 am

If we're voiding picks we have to void Doucet and Berrian too. Ergo we are not voiding picks.

Re: your 6.y pick, hopefully K or LS2 don't want that player enough to quibble here. Basically I'm not going to argue over any of the guys left, let's just finish this off and not debate too much more.

I am going to PM LS2 to make two picks as soon as he can.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Instinctive » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:08 am

thriftyrocker wrote:If we're voiding picks we have to void Doucet and Berrian too. Ergo we are not voiding picks.

Re: your 6.y pick, hopefully K or LS2 don't want that player enough to quibble here. Basically I'm not going to argue over any of the guys left, let's just finish this off and not debate too much more.

I am going to PM LS2 to make two picks as soon as he can.

If we would be voiding those, then we void them too. We can't not-void some picks but void others. It's all or nothing - how else can it be interpreted?
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:17 am

If you, LS2 or K want to fight for a player whether it's 6.y or Berrian or Doucet or Lonyae, go ahead. I am not going to fight over any of these players and hope to end this draft with a big group hug at the end.

thriftyrocker

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:28 pm

LS2 PMed me and essentially he wants to fight for one of the picked players. So I PMed C4L to get him to make a final ruling on all picks in limbo.

4.12 LS2 (skipped pick)
5.2 Kareighuis picks Early Doucet
5.3 Instinctive picks Berrian
three day gap
5.11 TR picks Lonyae Miller
5.12 LS2 (reinstated pick)
6.2 Kareighuis (skipped pick)
6.3 Instinctive picks Mike Bell (picks right after TR picks Miller assuming Kareighuis's pick can also be skipped)
thriftyrocker

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:36 pm

This reminds me a lot of when Bungle's team was forced to take Javon Walker because Sir Pimp made a trade with picks he didn't have, and then that trade was cancelled, so Bungle had to take the player Sir Pimp had picked.
thriftyrocker

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:29 am

I'm of the very, very VERY firm opinion that the clock starts as soon as a pick is made. It'd be nice if the next person gets PM'd and I've been known to include the link for the next person- but that doesn't determine when the clock starts. I've forgotten to send PMs, and other ppl have forgotten to PM me. I've been so busy, I couldn't get to it, and my phone hasn't cooperated with me so I couldn't. LS2 once had problems with his phone and posted a request for someone at a computer to PM the next person in the draft. If PMs were truly critical to determining how long an owner had to pick, the clock would start when the PM is read.

But we don't do that.

At the end of the previous PWAs, this is who was left-

2- Kareighuis
3- Instinctive
8- The Lung
9- thriftyrocker
10- LS2throwed

According to the system, on Thu Aug 04, 2011, at 11:18 pm Thriftyrocker selected Anthony Allen - RB, BAL. LS2 was next, but the full 24 hour clock expired at 11:19pm on Friday without them selecting. On Sat Aug 06, 2011, at 4:24 am, the next owner picked- Kareighuis selected Early Doucet, WR, ARI

The next two posts happened quickly- Instinctive selected Bernard Berrian at 8:08 am system time and Lung posted pass at 9:48 am on Saturday.

At this point, there was a break. Thriftyrocker was up as soon as Lung posted he was passing his pick and all future picks. A full 24 hours passed and Thrifty did not pick by the time the system's time read 9:49 am on Sunday. Although Thrifty attempted to select a player, they had clearly passed the allotted time.

LS2, having allowed the clock to expire the previous round, had forsaken all future picks. With all other owners having either posted pass or allowing the clock to expire, that left only two owners- Kareighuis and Instinctive. With Thrifty allowing the clock to expire after Lung posting pass, Kareig was OTC at 9:49 am Sunday system time.

Kareig did not pick within the next 24 hours. With this, they forsook all future PWAs. That leaves only one team in this Pre-Waiver Add process- Instinctive.

The rules were clearly written-
1) 24 hour clock.
2) you don't want to pick, post "pass".
3) once you pass, you are passed that pick and all future pre-waiver picks during this process. You can't pick again, until the waivers start.
4) if you allow the clock to expire, you are passed that pick and all future pre-waiver picks.

Nowhere does it say anything about PMing. It's incumbent upon each member to diligently check. Nor is the role of PMing in determining when the clock starts mentioned anywhere in the most recent mock I've participated in-
Please submit all picks in the following format:

1.01 Peyton Manning - QB, IND

Pick #, then name, then a dash, then the position, then a comma, then team (use three letter abbreviation for team)

Remember to PM the person who picks after you!

I intended to pick up Lonyae Miller with my pick after Doucet. Unfortunately, I lost track of time and allowed it to expire. I wish I could turn back the clock, but I can't. Maybe argue vociferously that, hey, I was busy with life/work and I get to pick. But, rules are rules. Too bad, so sad.

According to the rules, which were expressed clearly at every available time from the beginning of this process, Instinctive is the only team left. Accordingly, he can list as many players as he wants, as long as he has/makes the roster space. We did something similar some years ago, when LS2 was the last person in the FA draft and he just listed who he wanted.

That is my very firm opinion- despite the fact that I'm completely screwing myself on the hot young RB that apparently we all want. The facts are there's only one team in this PWA process- Instinctive.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:24 am

Three days passed. If you're out Instinctive is too

Lonyae will be decided by blind bid during waivers.
thriftyrocker

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:04 am

I think Kareig said it best. Although I felt bad for those not PM'd aaawall summed it up in the fact that its not a rule. I believe I was mistaken to side with those not pm'd because I did not consider that.

With the facts presented above by Kareig its pretty clear that Instinctive is the only person left in this. As he said rules are rules.

Group hug. :-°
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:19 am

Kareighuis wrote:With Thrifty allowing the clock to expire after Lung posting pass, Kareig was OTC at 9:49 am Sunday system time.

Under the same rule Instinctive was OTC at 9:49 Monday. I picked on Tuesday afternoon. There is no way Instinctive is picking guys, come on.
thriftyrocker

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:29 am

I think we all knew this could of gotten out of hand when we started...it was a bad idea with the best of intentions. No offense, I was all for it...
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

PreviousNext

Return to Horse Traders