Nicks for Megatron? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Nicks for Megatron?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Nicks for Megatron?

Postby m16a » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:41 pm

Megatron without a doubt. He's the absolutely number one on that team, other than Best/Leshoure, he'll lose very little looks to any of the #2 or lower WRs or Pettigrew. He's poised for a monstrous season with a healthy Stafford and an evolving running game. With Nicks, he's got Smith, Manningham, and Boss drawing looks, with a solid running game in the mix. I still think he'll get the majority of the looks (darn, I own Manningham in many leagues, if only it was him getting the looks. :-b ) but he certainly won't be at the same level as Megatron imho. Good luck. ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 47)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Shark1225 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:23 pm

CowboysFan08 wrote:I have Nicks, but i dont like him even though everyone praises him. May be because im a strong Cowboy fan :-?

See, this is one thing I don't understand at all. Why does your bias toward a team reflect your view of opposing players? If anything you should have a stronger opinion of a player if he punishes your team regularly. I am another die-hard Lions fan, please stop laughing, which is why I think Favre is actually under-rated as a QB. If my team was ahead by 4 with 3 minutes to go the last QB I wanted to see on the opposing team was Brett; even more than Elway, Marino, Manning, or Montana.

Secondly, this may be easier for me as a Lion fan with them never being in contention for anything besides a #1 pick but you cheer for your team with your heart on Sunday and make Fantasy Football moves with your brain the rest of the week.
QB: BREES, Cutler
RB: TURNER, MCGAHEE, R. JENNINGS, Leshoure, D. Williams, Hillman, Hunter, Dwyer
WR: CRUZ, GARCON, Amendola, Edwards, D. Baldwin
TE: GRAHAM
Shark1225
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 20)

Postby JimiRayThunderaxe » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:29 pm

Megatron all the way.

Being a Giants fan, I have just seen way too much inconsistency from both the team and individual players over the years. A bias and an unscientific one at that but still, from Phil Sims and late season collapses to Brandon Jacobs and Jason Seahorn's pants falling down in the Super Bowl, it's a tough bias to overcome.

Then there is just raw talent that is Megatron. The guy went from playing with a 1st string to 2nd string and then a THIRD string QB and did not miss a beat! A WR that is QB-proof! That alone is special. Throw in the fact that Stafford is coming back? Seems like a lot more safety and a lot more upside than Nicks.
JimiRayThunderaxe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 30)

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:13 pm

I have a man crush on Nicks this year and want him in every league. However, he is behnd Andre, Roddy and Calvin without question and is probably no better than Jennings, Austin, Wayne, VJax, etc...

To me, this isn't even a question
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 238)

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:59 pm

murphysxm wrote:Nicks ... is probably no better than Jennings, Austin, Wayne, VJax, etc...

Whoa whoa whoa whoa
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Venom » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:08 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:
murphysxm wrote:Nicks ... is probably no better than Jennings, Austin, Wayne, VJax, etc...

Whoa whoa whoa whoa

He did say "probably".

I'd go Megatron here as well, but if I don't get him my very next pick is Nicks.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:02 pm

Venom wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa whoa

He did say "probably".

I'd go Megatron here as well, but if I don't get him my very next pick is Nicks.

Talking tiers here. Calvin is in tier one, Nicks in two, with the mentioned players. For the record though, Nicks probably has a higher baseline. Stafford is going to get hurt, Eli probably not and Steve Smith may not play....
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 238)

Postby TruNinerFan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:12 am

Calvin is a tier above Nicks IMO.

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:34 am

<==== Loves Hakeem Nicks however I'm going with Megatron.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 132)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions