Money league keepers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Money league keepers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Money league keepers

Postby Calyxes » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:39 pm

I have to pick five of these players to keep. I am wondering what your thoughts might be. I am pretty sure that I know who I want to keep but I want to hear other opinions.

Standard scoring except we get .5pts per reception and bonuses for lenght of the TD

QB: Romo, Big Ben
RB: J. Stewart, McFadden
WR: R. White, DeSean Jackson, Dez Bryant
TE: Gates
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Money league keepers

Postby m16a » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:53 pm

Calyxes wrote:I have to pick five of these players to keep. I am wondering what your thoughts might be. I am pretty sure that I know who I want to keep but I want to hear other opinions.

Standard scoring except we get .5pts per reception and bonuses for lenght of the TD

I'd go with Stewart, McFadden, Jackson, White, and Bryant.

You'd be free to draft other starters at QB and TE, which isn't terribly hard. The even better part is you keep Roddy and Bryant who are gonna be mighty fine keepers and strong WRs. White will most likely finish top 5, maybe even better. Jones might help to draw a little bit of pressure away, and Turner and Ryan are still solid. Bryant is a great young guy to watch. As an Eagles fan, I shudder to think what he's gonna do for the Cowboys down the road. He'll be a heckuva fantasy guy though. Jackson is strong deep threat guy, probably the best in the game right now. If you get rewarded for huge plays, he's definitely a guy you're gonna want to keep around. He had a good connection with Vick and the Eagles offense should only get better with the line improvements and the maturation of McCoy/Maclin.

I'm not a huge Stewart fan even though he's the heir apparent in Carolina. I feel Goodson is solid enough to steal a significant portion of the carrier. Nonetheless, I'm a firm believer in strength through RB, so I'd go with him. McFadden is probably gonna end up being a top 10, fringe top 10 guy, and it never hurts to have that rounding out your team. He contributes receptions, and he's another home run hitter you'll want to have if you get rewarded for that. Good luck out there.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Indibuck » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:46 pm

Calyxes wrote:I have to pick five of these players to keep. I am wondering what your thoughts might be. I am pretty sure that I know who I want to keep but I want to hear other opinions.

Stewart
DMac
White
DJax
Gates

I keep Gates over Bryant... assuming better luck in the health department, he has the ability to be the far-and-away #1 TE, giving you a big advantage at the TE position over the rest of the league. Bryant is very talented but may not be better than the 3rd option in DAL behind Witten and Austin. Also, White/DJax is a fantastic 1-2 punch at WR, meaning you don't HAVE to keep a 3rd WR because you are weak at the first two spots.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:09 pm

Calyxes wrote:QB: Romo, Big Ben

For me the easy ones are White, Jackson, Gates, and Stewart.

Then I would probably go Mcfadden or Romo. Mcfadden looked promising last year but fizzled and Romo will be a top 6 or so qb for a while
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:23 pm

I don't get that everybody has Stewart over McFadden, that is crazy to me. Even if DeAngelo gets traded, I'd still rather have McFadden. He is the best keeper on this team, without question/
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby LMack » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:07 am

Run DMC was explosive last year. He may be a bit of an injury risk, so I don't view him as a top 5 running back. But, he makes plays, and his solid backup Mike Bush may be leaving Oakland via free agency too. That could free up even more touches for DMC. He averaged 128 total yards per game last year. He scored 10 touchdowns on a team that is not that great. He's a bit of a risk, but that risk is mitigated on your team by a safe, stud keeper like Roddy White.

I'd keep

McFadden, White, Stewart, Jackson, and..

Gates over Bryant. A tight end who can ~75 balls for close to 10 TD's is a commodity. Gates is the strongest player at this position, and I don't see any reason throwing him back in the draft for someone else to own. Bryant is talented, don't get me wrong. He has a lot of raw talent, and just sheer physical ability. He is coming off a fractured fibula, however. He is also one of the guys who is often cited when analysts talk about the effects of the lockout. Younger players who need a kick in the rear to get going, such as Bryant, may have slower starts to their seasons. Its not that Bryant is a bad keeper. I'd advise you to keep him if you didn't already have 2 very strong wideout options, but you do in White/DJax

So, McFadden, White, Stewart, Jackson, Gates. Sounds like a very solid core to me ;-D
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:36 pm

Honestly, I would go DMC, JStew, Roddy, Bryant and Gates.

No matter what you're throwing back 2-3 guys you'd love to be able to keep in a perfect world, but I don't think either of those QBs are top-notch enough to keep over your 6 skill position guys you're choosing between. I think Both RBs, two WRs and Gates is the way to go. I personally like Bryant a bit more in a keeper considering he's in line for a pretty big year and has a slightly higher ceiling than Jackson, so I'd keep him. I think Jackson is a tad overrated, and while he might have more upside for a 7/210/2 game here and there, I think Bryant will end up being a more consistent option with a whole boatload of upside in his own right. Gates is just too good to throw back, and in a whole healthy season of .5 PPR I think it's a pretty good bet he outproduces whichever WR you don't keep, not to mention the fact that he's just far and away the best TE when you get down to it ...

If you really love Jackson and he's BPA in the first round then you can get him back, but no matter what there'll be someone there you really like in the first round and I'd rather have the foundation of the 5 guys I listed above (eventually subbing Gates for some new blood down the road if/whenever he gets "over the hill") ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TexasBornCowboysFan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:32 am

I'd keep McFadden, White, Desean, Dez, and Gates. I see those guys as the 5 with the most potential for long scores. There should be few available RBs to take as a RB2 such as Blount, Benson, Greene if Stewart gets drafted by someone else.
TexasBornCowboysFan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TruNinerFan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:13 am

J Stew
McFadden
Roddy
D JAX
Gates

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:40 am

Before I give you my opinon, how many WR do you start (2 flex wr/te utl slots or 3?)
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions