League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Very Special Forces

League Discussion

Moderators: LS2throwed, iamgregg, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:54 am

Devil Doc wrote:Whatever we decide, i'm usually good with. Only way I jump ship is if we go auction format, sorry but can't handle auction drafts, just not a fan of them.

Other than that...I'm going to go home, open a beer, and grill me some burgers!

;-D ...no where's the beer drinking smiley?

Ask and ye shall receive - Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby EthnicFury » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:32 pm

was it ever determined if there'd be kickers?
If somebody hits you with an object you should beat the hell out of them.-Charles Barkley
EthnicFury
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic

Postby iamgregg » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:19 pm

EthnicFury wrote:was it ever determined if there'd be kickers?

No one objected when it was discussed so we're going with no kickers. They seem too be any after thought even for those who like them.

--

In preparation for the draft I've opened up a Roster Thread. Please post your placeholder team there and keep it updated throughout the draft.

It got really positive responses so if you didn't know about this:

Everyone's team name will be NFL style. Use your hometown/state/other geographical area with a nickname. It could be your actual hometown or a well known city near you. I think the only important thing is that it'd be nice if no one had the same place.

I will be sending out PMs asking for people's preferred slots for the KDS draft slotting process. Once I get all those and determine the order, we'll be ready to draft!
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:08 am

A thought: we should have someone outside of the 14 of us be generating the randomized 14-slot pick order and then assigning us our eventual draft position :-?
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kareighuis » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:42 am

WaCougMBS wrote:A thought: we should have someone outside of the 14 of us be generating the randomized 14-slot pick order and then assigning us our eventual draft position :-?

Some options-
Net Commish Draft Randomizer
FFToolbox Draft Randomizer
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:36 am

Kareighuis wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:A thought: we should have someone outside of the 14 of us be generating the randomized 14-slot pick order and then assigning us our eventual draft position :-?

Some options-

But it's KDS, not random! ;-D
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:38 am

stomperrob wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:

Some options-

That's just for order of who "selects" their slot first, right? If so, then I believe the KDS kicks in afterwards ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:55 am

WaCougMBS wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

That's just for order of who "selects" their slot first, right? If so, then I believe the KDS kicks in afterwards ;-D

I thought we pick the first round and then it goes to 3RR based on the first round order, otherwise it would be uneven (eg - if team A chooses to go #1 and then draws #1 in the second round it would be a distinct advantage)
stomperrob

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:07 am

stomperrob wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

I thought we pick the first round and then it goes to 3RR based on the first round order, otherwise it would be uneven (eg - if team A chooses to go #1 and then draws #1 in the second round it would be a distinct advantage)

I could be totally wrong, but this is what I thought was the case when I turned in my list ( :-o O:-) ):

We submit ordered lists of our preferred drafts slots to greg, knowing the underlying system when the process is done will be "3RR" (1-14, 14-1, 14-1, 1-14, 14-1, 1-14, etc.). Then, using the "KDS" system of choosing slots, he (or hopefully an outside party) will randomize a list with our names that will give them an order from which they will then run our draft-slot preferences to come up with the final, official draft order.
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Postby Devil Doc » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:29 am

I was also under the impression that we were chosing our preferred slots, then by a random order the KDS was selected. So if I chose 1,2,3 as preferred, and i got the #1 spot in KDS I got my first choice...then after the slots were filled it turned into 3RR.
Thanks to Franchise Fan for this kick ass sig!

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 100)

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Very Special Forces