League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Very Special Forces

League Discussion

Moderators: LS2throwed, iamgregg, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby Devil Doc » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:18 pm

Not a very big fan of auction drafts, and I'd probably would back out if that were the case. I prefer the ability to steal players that LS2 wants in a normal draft. :-b

Im also ready to go this weekend, sooner if everything gets ironed out before hand.
Thanks to Franchise Fan for this kick ass sig!

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 92)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby iamgregg » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:38 pm

LS2throwed wrote:Would also like to start drafting this weekend as well, and we may need to keep live drafting options for late August in our back pocket.

This is probably the leading option right now.

If we get to round 20 or so and it looks like we're not going to make it, we can always import the rosters on Flea and live draft the rest.

At that point not being able to make the draft is less of an issue I think, since it's mainly prospects you're high on and it's about grabbing YOUR guys. Should be easier to set your custom rankings and come out with players you like.
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Instinctive » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:48 pm

I prefer a draft.

And I love me some pick trading, so let's not hold back :)
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:55 pm

iamgregg wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:Would also like to start drafting this weekend as well, and we may need to keep live drafting options for late August in our back pocket.

If we get to round 20 or so and it looks like we're not going to make it, we can always import the rosters on Flea and live draft the rest.

At that point not being able to make the draft is less of an issue I think, since it's mainly prospects you're high on and it's about grabbing YOUR guys. Should be easier to set your custom rankings and come out with players you like.

Exactly, it's all about hammering out starters and primary depth. By then were lookin at a kicker, defense, and a few fliers. The WW is going to have some good guys on it the first year though which is gonna make things really interesting.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:56 pm

iamgregg wrote:

Live draft is great to fill out the last few rounds if necessary, but so hard to get 14 guys to agree on a time - something we did in another league was to just use the waiver wire (not blind bid though) to complete the draft - since ya don't have to drop any players, ya just submit a long list of who ya want in the order ya like 'em - the WW is set to whatever order the next round of the draft would have been - that knocks off the last 2-3 rounds in mere minutes - ya just have to give everyone a few days to ensure everyone gets their picks in.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:58 pm

I like the auction idea ALOT.

I would much prefer it.

Or we could do a combo.

I've heard about leagues where it starts as an auction until you get a certain amount of players (5/10) whatever, and then it goes to a normal draft.

This helps so everyone has a shot at the studs, and that's whats important. because the first few picks are worth a ton, and if you dont like a player at your spot your trading it and getting a bounty.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:59 pm

stomperrob wrote:
iamgregg wrote:

Live draft is great to fill out the last few rounds if necessary, but so hard to get 14 guys to agree on a time - something we did in another league was to just use the waiver wire (not blind bid though) to complete the draft - since ya don't have to drop any players, ya just submit a long list of who ya want in the order ya like 'em - the WW is set to whatever order the next round of the draft would have been - that knocks off the last 2-3 rounds in mere minutes - ya just have to give everyone a few days to ensure everyone gets their picks in.

That could work too, because I was gonna say if we can hammer out 20 rounds, I can probably do pre-rank 1 way or another and wouldn't have to show up for it. Either way shouldn't be a problem if we can make it to that point.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:16 pm

Another push for auctions:

You can't find auction values in many places, let alone dynasty auction values.

Dynasty auctions happen. People want material to look at, We have a good opportunity here to corner a market of the FF website info world. We play a ton of dynasty here, maybe we should start using this skill set to help others who do very niche things.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:35 pm

I'd be game for another auction as it's not that big of a deal for me, but I'd prefer to just keep this a traditional draft. It's really late in the process, and I want to keep everyone in who has already said they were good to go. There are a bunch of people who have never even done a slow auction draft before, I just think it would have to be started much earlier, and I don't think majority would opt to go with it.

I'd much rather just start up an auction next summer.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:43 pm

LS2throwed wrote:I'd be game for another auction as it's not that big of a deal for me, but I'd prefer to just keep this a traditional draft. It's really late in the process, and I want to keep everyone in who has already said they were good to go. There are a bunch of people who have never even done a slow auction draft before, I just think it would have to be started much earlier, and I don't think majority would opt to go with it.

I'd much rather just start up an auction next summer.

Yeh, there are a few of us auction virgins who are hesitant about doing an auction. That said, majority rules but it could result in some owners deciding to pull out. We're kinda in a Catch-22 in that regard.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Very Special Forces