Top ppr RB's? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top ppr RB's?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Top ppr RB's?

Postby Mr.Joshua » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:59 am

I have the #3 pick in a 12 team ppr redraft. I know I'll be off to a great start with whoever is there for me @3 but I love the conversation that this thread gets every year. I think I'd go -
Foster
Charles
AP
CJ
Rice
McCoy
- what say you?
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Top ppr RB's?

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:25 pm

I'd be going BPA out of AD, Foster and CJ4.24 - love Charles and would be estatic with him at picks 4+, but I think you absolutely want one of the three aforementioned guys with the 3rd pick ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:46 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:I'd be going BPA out of AD, Foster and CJ4.24 - love Charles and would be estatic with him at picks 4+, but I think you absolutely want one of the three aforementioned guys with the 3rd pick ;-D

In that order, too.

But count me out on Charles in a redraft... the last 7 weeks of the season are BRUTAL. I need my top-5 guy playing big for me down the stretch if I want to have real aspirations of winning my league. I will let someone else take him if I am at the 4-6 spots and he's still there.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:57 pm

Indibuck wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:I'd be going BPA out of AD, Foster and CJ4.24 - love Charles and would be estatic with him at picks 4+, but I think you absolutely want one of the three aforementioned guys with the 3rd pick ;-D

In that order, too.

But count me out on Charles in a redraft... the last 7 weeks of the season are BRUTAL. I need my top-5 guy playing big for me down the stretch if I want to have real aspirations of winning my league. I will let someone else take him if I am at the 4-6 spots and he's still there.

Upon looking at the schedule I agree. That said, I'm always a big proponent of the "pick-and-flip" theory with guys like Charles - nothing wrong with getting 6-8 good weeks outta him and then selling high to get a back with some useful matchups and maybe even some help somewhere else. Gun to my head in PPR redraft I'm probably taking Rice and then debating between Charles and McCoy, but that second tier is pretty equal for me - just might have to handle them differently for reasons like what you stated above :-?
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:08 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
Indibuck wrote:

In that order, too.

Upon looking at the schedule I agree. That said, I'm always a big proponent of the "pick-and-flip" theory with guys like Charles - nothing wrong with getting 6-8 good weeks outta him and then selling high to get a back with some useful matchups and maybe even some help somewhere else. Gun to my head in PPR redraft I'm probably taking Rice and then debating between Charles and McCoy, but that second tier is pretty equal for me - just might have to handle them differently for reasons like what you stated above :-?

It's a great idea to "pick-and-flip", but in my experience, it's tough to get close to value for what you are giving up when it actually comes time to flip him. Either you have to flip him early (so that the other owner gets some good weeks from him) or find an owner that isn't aware of the schedule nightmares upcoming.

That being said, if I am at the 1.07 and Charles is still there, I would grab him... but I think it's a moot point as he currently a consensus top-5 pick...
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Return to Football Talk