Help with keepers please? whir - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Help with keepers please? whir

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help with keepers please? whir

Postby LSUby50 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:30 pm

hey guys, been on the banquet circuit all off-season and now its time to round my fat butt back into ffb playing shape. Here goes:

Im in a 10 team league, keep 2 players from the year before in the same round they were drafted last year. Pretty standard scoring except passing tds are 6 not 4. QBs tend to be the highest scorers, followed by RBs and Wrs. Here's my team from last year: I need to keep 2. (Its a huge advantage to keep players later in the draft, thats my delimma, i pick 8th, i could keep Chris johnson as my #8 pick but thats not really gaining a ton of value. Nicks in the 5th is one keeper for sure. need help/suggestions for the other.)

MBush 8
Fitzgerald 2
MFloyd 9
Hightower 12
BJackson 8
ChrisJohnson 1
StevieJackson 8
Kolb 8
Nicks 5
Snelling 8
RWayne 2

SO im picking #8 and #13 in a serpentine draft. Best available players look to be: AP, CJohnson (if i throw him back), jamaal charles, mojo, turner, andre johnson, ray rice, mendenhall, rogers, mccoy, roddy white, calvin, brees, manning, brady, I listed the qbs in there because they always go in the 1st 2 rounds and i want to get one with my 1st or preferably 2nd pick unless a top tier player falls in my lap.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 59)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Help with keepers please? whir

Postby LSUby50 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:35 pm

so the real question is something like this: would you rather have Stevie Johnson(kept in the 8th round) + the #8 overall pick, or chris johnson(kept in the 1st round) + an 8th round pick. (or possibly another player instead of stevie?)

also have the option to trade a pick or player for a better keeper if i can find a trade. some good keepers out there are:
vick 8
AFoster 11
Hillis 8
ABradshaw 6
Legarrette Blount 8
PRivers 3
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Venom » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:51 pm

I agree that Nicks for your 5th rounder is excellent value. He is a lock.

I know you are thinking QB with that 1st round pick...but you need to keep Chris Johnson here. The value isn't as good as Nicks, but its still value. You are getting a top 3 overall player for an 8th overall pick.

CJ and Nicks ;-D
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Venom wrote:I agree that Nicks for your 5th rounder is excellent value. He is a lock.

I know you are thinking QB with that 1st round pick...but you need to keep Chris Johnson here. The value isn't as good as Nicks, but its still value. You are getting a top 3 overall player for an 8th overall pick.

CJ and Nicks ;-D

Couldnt have said it better. Johnson simply because you want a top RB and at the 8th spot in the first is good value given he goes top 2. Nicks is also awesome value.

I would do that and not look back. I might look for a few trades first for better value but these are very good to start the season
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:31 pm

Chris Johnson presents TREMENDOUS value for the equivalent of the 1.08. He's as much a no-brainer as Nicks is IMHO.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby LSUby50 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:36 pm

thanks guys, pretty much where i was leaning, but just wanted some confirmation. I'll probably go with Nicks and CJ unless i can get a good deal on a trade for a better keeper.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TruNinerFan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:15 am

This one is pretty easy, CJ and nicks ;-D

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:43 am

top shelf QB should be there for you at pick 13...if not you can draft a "pair of tier two guys" like a Flacco/Freeman combo should steady you.

CJ4.24
Nicks (huge crush on him)

GO FOR IT
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:51 am

Venom wrote:I agree that Nicks for your 5th rounder is excellent value. He is a lock.

CJ and Nicks ;-D

Chipping in another vote for this analysis ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mpieco » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:39 pm

Since it is the eighth pick, keeping Chris Johnson provides the absolute best value. I agree wholeheartedly with the poster who said that first. I couldn't have put it better myself.

CJ and Nicks, giving you 2.13 still to grab a QB hopefully.
mpieco
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions