Keeper Help in Auction/FAAB League WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper Help in Auction/FAAB League WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper Help in Auction/FAAB League WHIR

Postby fhob » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:41 pm

Our league is doing only 2 keepers, but if you keep a player you must pay what you paid last year. $200 Budget

My Team:
QB: Peyton Manning (47)
RB: Chris Johnson (60)
RB: Arian Foster (1)
RB/WR: Michael Turner (32)
WR: Andre Johnson (46)
WR: Brandon Lloyd (0)
TE: Tamme (1)
Bench: Blah

I'm doing Foster for $1 for sure, my question is do I take Lloyd at $0 and bid for the studs such as CJ2k or AJ, or do I keep a stud for a hefty price.
fhob
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper Help in Auction/FAAB League WHIR

Postby Indibuck » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:35 pm

I would keep Foster and Lloyd... great start and you have $199 to spend. ;-D
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby Venom » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:05 pm

Indibuck wrote:I would keep Foster and Lloyd... great start and you have $199 to spend. ;-D

This ;-D
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:35 pm

Indibuck wrote:I would keep Foster and Lloyd... great start and you have $199 to spend. ;-D

Yup. Gotta keep the bargains, even if you're letting another top-3 RB and top WR go - you can probably get them back for a similar price if you want, and if not there'll be value aplenty anyway ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mpieco » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:28 pm

Foster is a gimme, no doubt.

I know it's tempting to keep Lloyd for literally no money, but I think you should consider Turner for 32. If CJ went for 60, Turner at 32 is a pretty great bargain, and I'm not so sure you'd be able to get him back at that price.
mpieco
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Indibuck » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:35 pm

mpieco wrote:Foster is a gimme, no doubt.

I know it's tempting to keep Lloyd for literally no money, but I think you should consider Turner for 32. If CJ went for 60, Turner at 32 is a pretty great bargain, and I'm not so sure you'd be able to get him back at that price.

I thought about recommending Turner as well, but conventional wisdom seems to be down on him right now... meaning he could be probably be drafted for less that $32.

Even if you don't think Lloyd is better than a high-end WR3, it's a no-brainer to keep him for the $0 and then shop for value in the auction. Starting Foster/Lloyd for only $1 combined will put the OP at a HUGE advantage over the rest of the field. He can still shop for value, but has a few extra bucks to outbid everyone if he is high on a player.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:56 am

Im not a big auction guy but my guess is keep the value now so you have alot to bid later. I got to go with the 2 mentioned above giving you 199 to spend. As one of our Cafe studs WaCougMBS said You likely get Guys like CJ and AJ at a similar price anyway. Indibuck is very knowledgable to. Both Indi and WaCoug in an auction would go for half your 200 so I would trust him.

;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby srlarson » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:28 am

the base philosophy of an auction is to maximize value, so you need to look at differential......that being said there are times to violate that rule and I stongly feel this is one of them......I have been doing auctions drafts for 15 years and have seen all kinds of possibilities....

If it was me there is NO doubt in my mind I would keep:
Foster for $1
Johnson for $60.....

RB's are getting so watered down that have two studs for CHEAP should put you in contention for the League......

Not a fan of Lloyd.....a WR 3 is a dime a dozen, so i put little value to them.......(last year as WR 3's I got Dez, Williams (Tb), Welker...all for a couple bucks)....so in this case go with the talent and fill in your roster!!

And roll to the Championship!!

Good Luck!!
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby TexasBornCowboysFan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:57 am

srlarson wrote:If it was me there is NO doubt in my mind I would keep:
Foster for $1
Johnson for $60.....

RB's are getting so watered down that have two studs for CHEAP should put you in contention for the League......

This

:-? Grab ADP also then sit back and watch while the rest of the RBs go for way too much.
TexasBornCowboysFan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Conrax » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:05 am

Gotta keep Lloyd and Foster for only a buck, because if you pay $60 for CJ or AP again the difference this time is that you will have three players on your roster instead of two and would be left with $139 but I feel you can get some of the RBs for a little cheaper this year.
Conrax
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions