WTF Steelers???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WTF Steelers????

Moderator: Football Moderators

WTF Steelers????

Postby Munboy » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:59 pm

On the heels of Ward's disappointing arrest, excerpts from a James Harrison interview from back in May were released in which he opens his big freakin trap and yaps his gums in a way that gave me bad flashbacks to Joey Porter.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... _headlines

He rips Goodell, and other current and former players, but also rips Big Ben and Mendy? Come on, James. Shut up.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: WTF Steelers????

Postby LMack » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:15 pm

The James Harrison interview was crazy.

I expected the comments towards Roger Goodell. It has been very obvious there is no love lost between the linebacker and the commissioner. But what I don't get is the negativity towards both Rashard Mendenhall and Ben Roethlisberger. Harrison called Mendenhall a "fumble machine." Mendy did have two post-season fumbles, but why would Harrison hand his teammate out to dry like that?

You have to love Mendenhall's response via twitter, though: "And lastly, I dont have a problem with what @jharrison9292 said because I know him. But I want you guys 2 check this out," Mendy linked the 2010 ESPN rushing stats which showed that he only fumbled twice during the regular season on 324 carries.

As far as the Roethlisberger attacks go, I feel that James Harrison has contempt for quarterbacks, even his own. The NFL is a quarterback's league, and Harrison hates that.

I have no problems with the attack on Goodell. It was done without a lot of tact but when someone's right...
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:49 pm

Yea, there is a right and a wrong way to do things. Goodell has a family too who'll hear the comments, and while people may not like the way he does his job his comments towards him were way out of line. Then of course Harrison back pedals and uses the classic "I was misquoted" line. Besides that, calling out your young two time winning SB QB? Yea, that's smart. Especially from the guy who was nowhere to be found this last SB vs GB, he was rendered useless the entire game.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Guru13 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:48 pm

I feel like I've made this post a lot recently but... Facepalm. Like really man, what are you thinking?
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:51 pm

I think that when he was younger, Harrison played without a helmet a lot! ;-) :-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:55 am

He is definately making enemies he should not be making.

That mouth is going to cost him alot of money. Not only will other teams sour on him but the league will look to fine him more.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Stelly » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:07 am

It's been an interesting spiral for the once proud Steelers and their "clean" players:

1) Big Ben's allegations
2) Mendenhall tweeting about Bin Laden
3) Ward gets a DUI
4) S. Holmes had drug charges before he left
5) P. Burress had some issues before he left town
6) Harrison opening his cake hole

I love how the Steelers ship out the two WRs who had "off the field issues" (Plax, Holmes), but as soon as it's their franchise QB, nothing happens.
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby LMack » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:39 am

Stelly wrote:It's been an interesting spiral for the once proud Steelers and their "clean" players:

1) Big Ben's allegations
2) Mendenhall tweeting about Bin Laden
3) Ward gets a DUI
4) S. Holmes had drug charges before he left
5) P. Burress had some issues before he left town
6) Harrison opening his cake hole

I love how the Steelers ship out the two WRs who had "off the field issues" (Plax, Holmes), but as soon as it's their franchise QB, nothing happens.

Wow I totally forgot about the Mendenhall tweets about Bin Laden.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby petedog9 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:00 pm

Harrison just STFU and play football...
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:29 pm

So what exactly did he say that was all that wrong? Sorry, there probably has never been a team that hasn't had players on one side of the ball call out players on the other side from time to time. Not big on gay slurs, but have a hard time thinking there isn't alot of that going on in a rugged sport like football. I know we can't talk about it, so we just condemn those who do. Just the cost of living in a PC world. I don't like Goondell, as most of you know, but I don't hate him. He hasn't taken money out of my pocket, so I don't have as much incentive as does Top Gums Harrison. Take away his hate driven drivle and I don't disagree with him, I too think Goodell is a puppet dictator who is doing more damage in the lip service to player safety that any good that has come from it to date.
Hate that Top Gums had to try and refute what he said. I would rather he would have simply clarified his statements. Go with you were misunderstood rather than misquoted, then reiterate in clearer, more focused wording the statements you were trying to make. Heck, if you want to be man enough to say it, be man enough to own it.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Football Talk