Commissioner for hire? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Commissioner for hire?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Commissioner for hire?

Postby ASolo » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:17 pm

Is there a fantasy website available that will allow me to set up a league as Commissioner WITHOUT having to be a team owner/ manager?

I've been a fantasy Commissioner for two different leagues- 1 for 7 years, another for 4 years. It's been great - I've had 100% owner return for 3 years straight. These leagues will be around for years to come, and I've got no interest in adding a third roster to the mix- I've tried, and it's definitely too much for me to enjoy.

A little over 2 years ago, when I joined the fire department, I was pressured to join their fantasy league, but like I said, my quota had already been met. Throughout the following football seasons I heard nothing but complaints about their ramshackle fantasy operation! Commissioners and rules changing every year, collusion, owners dropping out mid-season, owners with no heart, the list goes on and on. Most of these guys, though their heart was in the right place, never had the opportunity to join a league where the Commissioner new what he was doing. So I decided to step in. This upcoming season I will be their impartial Commissioner. I'll set up the league, the draft, and make the appropriate Commish decisions, but I will not have a dog in the fight (sorry, vick haters).

Does anyone know of a website that will allow this league set-up? I've been a loyal Yahoo Fantasy guy for years, but I know they don't offer this option.

Any advice is much appreciated,

Solo
ASolo
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Commissioner for hire?

Postby Venom » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:04 pm

I am pretty sure My Fantasy League will allow you to commish and not own a team.

They do charge a fee for the year...but the site is next to none. My favorite of all fantasy sites.

Split it up between the teams and probably only have to shell out 5 bucks or so per.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby spodog » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:12 am

ASolo wrote:. . . owners with no heart, the list goes on and on.

How does a good commish fix this issue? 8-o
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ASolo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:53 am

replacing them with guys or girls that know their sh-t, and are eager to join a new league...
ASolo
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Commissioner's Corner