2011 Hot Chick Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

2011 Hot Chick Draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

2011 Hot Chick Draft

Postby spodog » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:31 pm

OK, last summer this thing got talked to death through 11 pages of posts and never got off the ground.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=467564&hilit=draft&start=100

All 11 pages consisted of way too much chatter, too much deferential posting, too many ideas, and not enough action (or photos).

So this year, here's what I'm offering. I'll take charge of the thing and run it. I'll draw up some rules, define some roster categories, and even recruit some judges.

If you want in, respond, and commit. First 10 guys who are serious about it, and we'll get started. None of this namby-pamby "I'm pretty busy this month, lets start next month"

Who's In?

spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2011 Hot Chick Draft

Postby Venom » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:55 pm

I'm in...as long as it isn't as time consuming as an actual league draft :-b
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:47 pm

Count me in - I'm not missing this boat this time around ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:55 am

Regardless of my qualifications, in.

Trading picks for youth and upside is fair game, right?
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:40 am

I'm in, and I'll win.

And that's a fact, jack!

How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:44 am

So, let me get this straight...we have a hot chick draft thread with 2 pictures...and both are guys %-6
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby spodog » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:52 am

OK, here’s the group so far. Feel free to name your own team if you’d like.

TEAMS
Team 1 spodog
Team 2 Venom
Team 3 WaCougMBS
Team 4 Cowboys 4 Life
Team 5 knapplc
Team 6 dream017 tentative
Team 7 bungle613
Team 8 lmcjaho tentative
Team 9 Metroid
. . .
Last Team

RULES
Will try to follow the KISS principle here. I’ve reviewed the rules that the dark side dweebs used, and we’ll shamelessly steal almost all of the following rules for this one.

1. Each participant will choose one girl per round.

2. 24 hrs limit per pick from the time the last pick was made.

3. PM'ing the next in line is required.

4. Participants must provide at least one picture of the girl when making a pick. Please host the picture at imageshack.us or anywhere else that permits "hotlinking" from their site before posting it in the Cafe.

5. Chicks must be over 18 years old. When in doubt, select someone else.

6: Nobody’s babysitting this thing for you. If 24 hours expire without you making your pick, we’ll move to the next guy, and you can catch up later.

7. Don’t hotlink. (nod to the forum owners here)

Pick a host site and create an account, Imageshack and Photobucket are prefered.

Then you host your images in one of two ways. First, the easiest way, you can save the images to your machine and upload them that way. It's fool proof, the only problem is that you're using up space on your machine and have to go through and delete the images once they are uploaded to the host site. It's just an extra step, like saving the images to save the images, and then you have to spend time cleaning the pics off your machine.

The 2nd and better way, although a little more difficult to understand, is to upload directly from the web. Copy the url and then go to the host site, depending on the site the way you upload may be a little different. At Photbucket you have to click the "More Upload Tools" tab and then "From the web" then just paste the code and upload. At Imageshack there is a little "url" bubble you click in the upload area. Once the image is uploaded at either site you just copy a code to post here.

LINEUP
13 Positions. -tweaked with knapplc's suggestion and added one additional category

1. Actress Under 25 - updated - TV or Movies

2. Actress 25-45 - updated - TV or Movies

3. Actress 45+ - TV or Movies

4. Professional Athlete - Any Sport

5. Babe from Beyond - Deceased babe, probably in bad taste, but isn't this whole thing?

6. College Football Cheerleader

7. Local Ringer
This can be an old flame, the gal who winks at you at the local starbucks, the chick you met last week at the club, etc. Only requirement is is it can not be anyone famous. It is basically the amateur hour category, use your imagination.

8. Model 1 - any age (18 or over)

9. Model 2 - any age (18 or over)

10. Musician/Singer/Entertainer

11. NFL Cheerleader

12. Sportscaster/Sideline Reporter

13. Flex - any of the above categories or anyone else you care to draft into this spot.
Last edited by spodog on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:17 pm, edited 9 times in total.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:10 pm

Are the categories up for debate? I think that's too many Actress categories, personally. I'd suggest condensing them from four to two, splitting the age groups in half, and adding two more categories. One could be Singer/Entertainer or just Singer, and another could be another Model.

Can you define "Babe from Beyond?"
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby spodog » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:58 pm

ok, knapplc's suggestions incorporated and one additional category as a result of a PM added.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Postby knapplc » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:28 am

And I hate to be a drag, but the "Local Ringer" is going to be tough. Offhand I can think of two or three girls I'd like to draft, but how am I going to post pictures of them? There is no way I'm walking up to a stranger and telling her that I need her picture, and I think it's in poor taste to do it without their consent ( and could possibly lead to trouble for the Cafe? ).

How do you propose we do that one, Spo? Local TV personalities, or local celebs?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk